New Reciever or replace remote for Nakamichi AV-1s

Options
zeltar
zeltar Posts: 2
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Wanted some feed back on the Nakamichi AV-1s, own one but the remote has died again (3rd time). Wondering if that receiver has enough power to drive my HT, currently in progress. I have RT55i's for the fronts and RT15i's for the rears and CS175i center.

Have an older Panasonic DVD (a320), which does the decoding, my reviver is "digital ready" and has 100wpc across the front channels and 50wpc for the rears.

The last time I sent my remote in for service it took two month and the service is located in southern ca, which is where I live. I have read other reviews about the poor customer service from Nakamichi.

What would be a good receiver in the $400-500 price range (online) not MSRP? Secondly should I think about replacing the DVD and have the receiver do the decoding?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Post edited by zeltar on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2002
    Options
    IMO, if you like the sound of the Nak, why not just get another remote?

For your price range, sure there are lots of good receivers out there from Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, NAD and so on.

Not to make light of your situation, if you are happy with the sound of your current setup, why mess with it? On the other hand, go on out and demo some new gear and see if it tickles your fancy.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut