Test power Supply/Subwoofer getting power

Options
lac000
lac000 Posts: 2
edited December 2002 in Troubleshooting
I've got the AMR90 High Performance Surround Sound Computer Speaker System and I've had it awhile.... It sounded great and had been working properly until recently.

It looks like the subwoofer and speakers aren't getting any power (The idiot lights do not come on for either).... We've tried different outlets but it still doesn't get any power. Is there any tests that I can to to test the Power supply pack and the subwoofer itself?
Post edited by lac000 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    ummm, i would guess check the connect between the outlet and the sub, the connect between the sub and computer, and check the connect between the sub and all the speakers...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. Most of the time, the folks at Radio Shack will test your 12 Volt transformer, if they are able. They can usually connect a Volt/Ohm meter and measure the transformer's output, keep in mind, with no load it will read more than the 12 Volt output.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • lac000
    lac000 Posts: 2
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Hi Ken, I did get it tested and it was dead. I ordered and received a new power pack. I just tried it but it's still not getting any power. I would appreciate some feed back as to what the problem might be and how to correct it. ( I'm not the most technical person but I did make sure nothings muted and everything is plugged in). Thank you.