What kind of mp3 players do y'all use?

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Not in terms of receivers, or DVD/CD players, but portable mp3 players. I've looked at a few different ones, and kinda like either the Apple Ipod 20 gig (bout $450) and the Rio Riot(down to $249 lately on Ebay).

I like the apple for the firewire connection. I know the Rio doesn't support the 1394 port, so down/offloading stuff would be immensely mundane. I haven't been able to determine much about the user interface software as far as flexibility, but I want to be able to drop different genre's of music into different folders, and play from specified categories, if at all possible. Oh ya.....I want it to be a lil smaller so that i can go jogging with it and it not be too big. I don't like the lil flash card units as they wouldn't hold the amount of music that I wanna offload to the thing. The hard drive units are definitely the way I wanna go, and the reason for the 20 gigs is just cuz i wanna be able to load it up with almost all that i have so i don't have to deal with constant loading of music to the thing each time my mood changes......

I guess I could just go to an electronics store and ask them, but it's 9:20 on a Sunday night and well, I'm sittin at the computer so here ya go..... :D
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    iPod > all others

You could check out the Creative Labs Zen player (www.nomadworld.com) or the new Toshiba player, as those are 1394 and HD based. The Toshiba got a bad review in MaxPC though, and the iPod trounced it. I have the iPod (5gig) and you'll have to rip it from my dead body.

RioRiot is a big peice of ****. Don't get it, it's WAY too slow to transfer the music. And the software f'n sucks.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2002
    I bought a Rio (forgot the model but spent 200 for it. It was a 256mb player) and it was the biggest peice of crap. I had nothing but problems with it. I took it back and got a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox. A little heavy but much better stability.

I have heard nothing but great things about Ipod. In fact I wish I would have known it was coming out for windows because I would have waited for it. Just buy a good set of headphones for it and you should be set.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png