Any ideas for MM6's in a Porsche?

Options
Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited December 2002 in Custom Fabrication
Hey all. I recently purchased three sets of the Polk/MOMO MM6 componet sets. I am trying to build a sound quality system for my 1987 Porsche 944. So far the plan goes as follows: On set on kick panels, one set in the doors, and one set in the rear. I already have a six channel Audiobahn A6601Q that puts out 75w @ 4 ohms x6 that I am going to power the speakers with. Does this sound like a winner to you? Any one have any idea on how hard it will be to put kicks in this car? If you have worked on them before I appreicat any suggestions. So far my install quotes range from $650 (wood kicks cover in carpet) to $1150 (fiberglass kicks and a cap). I am just looking for any suggestion that any one has. After the install I will try to get pics up on the Polk website (if they deem me worthy)
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited December 2002
    Options
    What's your goal? It looks like you're going for loud, but I thought I'd ask. Were you planning on hooking up all of the tweeters? You could run the 6.5"s in the doors as dedicated midbass drivers, and not use those tweeters. Does the amp have adjustable crossovers for each pair of channels? Even if you just want loud, I'd recommend two mids/ one tweeter per door and not bother with the kicks. Six tweeters will be a little much...
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I am going for a competition sound quality system. So sound quality is the main thing however, the louder you can get and still reamin crystal clear the better off you are. As for the amp here are the stats on it.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.