Denon AVR-1803 or Yamaha RX-V1200

criverajr
criverajr Posts: 1,675
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Can purchase either for same price, have tested them side by side and need some feedback to make final choice. Setup is 600i-fronts,400i-center, 25i-rears, psw-450-sub. Would apreciate any and all feedback. Room size is 15'x19' and 8.5' ceiling heights, all monster cable wiring for speakers and all other gear:confused:
Post edited by criverajr on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2002
    If you consider the Yamaha, you may want to check out the HTR 5590, great for the money and th e performance is outstanding.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    Man, for the same price, I'd take the Yam in a heartbeat.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    If it is out of the two. I really like the Denon. Both very similair Yamaha seems to have a cheaper build in there lower lines and Denon is more consistant. Both 80 x 6 and plenty of digital digital inputs. Cruchfield is selling the Denon for $499.99 best cust. service and noone will give a better warrenty.
    If you are getting any of these two for under that - quite a steal.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2002
    Yamaha HTR-5590 specs:

YAMAHA HTR-5590 Concert Series Stereo & Home Theater Receiver Yamaha s HTR-5590 is loaded with capabilities but compromising audio quality isn t one of them! Many receivers don t rate the power of surround sound the same way that they rate stereo power. Yamaha provides full (20 Hz to 20 000Hz) bandwidth defined sound in every mode!
    100 Watts per channel to 6 channel surround
    9 192kHz/24-bit DACs – one for each 6.1 mode channel + 2 extras for front soundstage
    Built-in Dolby Digital & DTS (plus Dolby Digital Matrix 6.1 DTS-ES. DTS NEO 6)
    32 Bit DSP with 39 music and theater modes
    6 Channel processing capability (pre-out for center rear channel)
    7 Digital inputs
    2 Digital out
    10 Analog inputs 4 analog outputs
    2 Component Video inputs and 1 output
    Front analog A/V in
    Digitally-tuned AM/FM radio with 40 programmable memories
    On-screen programming menus when used with composite & S-Video outputs
    Pre-Out for optional subwoofer
    Sleep Timer
    Illuminated LCD remote with preset macros and learning functions
    Two Year Warranty
  • kittridge
    kittridge Posts: 2
    edited December 2002
    I'm in the market for a receiver too and am considering yamaha. One thing I discovered is that the htr-5590 is the exact same as the rxv-1300 except that the htr-5590 does not have a pre amp in and multi zones, otherwise they are the same products. If these things aren't important to you then go for the cheaper htr-5590. I assume that this works for other models as well.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2002
    I have the Denon 1802 running Rt55is, cs245i, Rt15is with a 10" Dayton sub. The room is 23' X 28' with an 8' ceiling. I really like the Denon and it plays as loud as I need. The Denon mates well with the Polks. I have a good friend running Yamaha and Paradigm and he likes my rig better.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by kittridge
    I'm in the market for a receiver too and am considering yamaha. One thing I discovered is that the htr-5590 is the exact same as the rxv-1300 except that the htr-5590 does not have a pre amp in and multi zones, otherwise they are the same products. If these things aren't important to you then go for the cheaper htr-5590. I assume that this works for other models as well.

The 5590 does have zone 2, according to Yamaha's website. The two receivers really are identical, just the HTR5590 is ditributed through mass-market stores such as Best Buy and Sears. Suggested retail is also the same.
  • rlightfoot
    rlightfoot Posts: 87
    edited December 2002
    It's not the most powerful. It doesn't have the most features. Yes, it's probably even considered "entry level" by most. But it makes my RT55i's sound sweet. It's easy to operate. Remotes not as bad as most will say. It's versatile enough for some minor tweeking of your particular listening situation, and it handles 2 channel music magnificently.

I'll probably upgrade to a more powerful receiver with the latest bells and whistles someday. But for now, I couldn't be happier with my Denon.
    "I want to change my username to Gordo, but Club Polk won't let me"