Yamaha HTR-5590 receiver

PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited November 2002 in Electronics
I'm now a new proud owner of the Yamaha HTR-5590 receiver to replace the Sony ES receiver I hate to love. I transfer the ownership of my 1 year old Sony 555 ES receiver to my son(Jimmy, the young guy is so excited). I'm watching this new baby at BB for a while now, but they do not have it in stock until last night. A very good performance for A/V digital gears, 100Wx6, component video and S video switching, state of the art, clean sound and easy to operate, DD EX and DTS EX, ton of DSP built-in and ready to take any task. I'm now complete my bedroom system. I really like the Polk speakers system set up, totally match.

Paid $480 plus $4.95 for 4 years replacement plan, I think this is a very good investment for entertaiment. The first DVD disc I play will be the Star war II I bought today.

Yamaha HTR-5590 A/V reveiver
Panasonic DVD-RP91 Progressive scan DVD-RAM/DVD-A player
Panasonic DVD A-7 DVD-A player (back up)
Sony DVPNS755SV Progressive scan DVD/SACD player
JVC HRS-7800 S-VHS VCR
Kenwood DAT (aqquired from George)
Polk Audio RT-55i
Polk Audio CS-350
Polk Audio RT25i
Added the Polk CS300 for rear center channel
AR S115 sub replace by the new JBL sub
Monster cable HTS-1000 power center
Monster cable for speakers, inter-connects, digital cables and subwoofer cable, mostly M series, some F1.
Sony WEGA 27" TV with 16x9 mode.
Post edited by PETERNG on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2002
    Our friend Nascarmann is justa smilen! :)

Great settup for the bedroom BTW.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited November 2002
    peterng, good going i like yamaha to, there nothing wrong with yamaha, a lot of people think they are bright, i dont the thing with yamaha is you have to have your speakers set right on placement i dont toe in at all and you have to have the right distance apart, play with them till right, is it the rt-55i as mains
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited November 2002
    yamaha gear is very good gear...but i can seem to find a 7.1 system from them thats less than 1000 dollars...so i think they might have lost a customer in the near future...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    They don't do 7.1 at all, just 6.1 and 8.1 (2 small front effect speakers). You can get a 6.1 receiver for $499 retail and 8.1 at $1499.
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    I used RT55i as main speaker, bi-wire with MC M cable. The Yamaha 5590 is a very new receive in the market, price is $799, I got $320 employee discount ppus 80% off on the 4 years replacement plan. Check this one out on yamaha.com or:

http://www.onecall.com/PID_17039.htm

• PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    After making some ajustments, tweaking the system all weekend long, I'm now satisfy with my bedroom system. First I have to add the center rear channel using the Polk CS300, then I replaced my AR S115sub with the new JBL S120PII 400 watt RMS sub. Man this sub is really rock, one heck of a sub. Starwars II movie sound so good with the EX mode turn on, I have to try to get some of my DTS-ES movie on to see how great the sound is). I have to turn the level of the JBL sub up to 80% to get the effects, but when it's ready to rumble, you're are in the driver seat...cool.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    Have you programmed your remote yet? I love how easy it is to pick up other components for it. That's a nice receiver. I've been looking at the RXV2300 for a long time, but then a few days ago we got in the RXV3300. Man it's beefy. My co-workers almost have be convinced to go for it. With Yamaha accommodations, it's only a $250 difference, so I probably will go with it.
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    No I haven't but that's the last thing I'm going to do. I also have my eyes on the JBl remote (like the Pronto), with JBL accommodation price, I can get it for $75, save over $300 on the JBL/BB website. I will be off next week for the holiday and I will have time to watch the new DVD series of "Band of brothers' to watch. It'll cool...

Go for it man, Yamie receiver is great.