Buying truck load of Polk

kn505
kn505 Posts: 380
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
If we are joining in as a group and buying a truck load of speakers from Polk, will Polk give us a special discounts (i.e. dealer cost)?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    Paul's gonna love this one.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2001
    ROTFLMAO!

Simple response, yet it says so much...

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    I can see Paul beating his head against his desk, "why me? why me?"

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    There are over 27,000 Club Polk members in here, as a group, Polk can offer direct special discount for members. As members, why can't we buy direct from Polk and by pass all of the overhead expenses (result in saving to us)? Micah, we are your loyal customers(check your data base, man), we deserve the speacial treatment.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    If Polk starts doing that, there will be little incentive to ever purchase from a dealer. When that happens, the dealer gives Polk the big middle finger and drops their line and picks of somebody else. Now there is a net loss in sales to Polk, because I gurantee they'd sell more speakers in stores, where you can actually HEAR them, than they would online.

Aaron

P.S. Maybe Paul has stopped banging his head on the desk by now..... ;)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    ....he is probably now self-medicating with a bottle of good single malt.

That 27,000 is decieving because anyone that registers speakers online (I believe) is in that number. I believe that they have to draw the line somewhere and Aaron is right it would hurt the dealers which has a ripple effect. Personally, compared to other products I buy, the last thing I will **** about is what Polk speakers cost.

Troy
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    There are over 27,000 Club Polk members

I say, we all get together and storm the Polk Castle. Just be careful not to step on the sticky floor in Micah's office. Then, we will get the 5-finger discount on the Polk Speakers. Crank the demo SRT system until we are silly, drink and play movies/music like its 1999. We go find Justin shave his head and tatoo it with a picture of Micahs face, take all the lubes and gels out of Micahs office, sqirt them both down, put them in the same room and watch what happens. Paul can video tape it.

I think it'd be fun.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    You are killing me Ron!

Troy