Avia vs Sound and Vision

SpikeVols
SpikeVols Posts: 4
edited November 2002 in Electronics
I am still looking for some users of these products to give me some advice. I heard 2 people say they liked the SAV. and would like to hear from some people who have used Avia..

Thanks

I have a denon receiver and RM6600 Sats w/ 350 Sub..
Post edited by SpikeVols on

Comments

• seaslug
    seaslug Posts: 23
    edited November 2002
    SpikeVols,

I've got the SAV, and I'm very happy with it. It was only $17.95--including shipping--whereas the Avia is $49.95 plus shipping. I should also note that both disks are far more useful for calibrating video sources than they are for audio. So long as you know how to properly connect a speaker to a receiver, your Denon's test tones should be all that you need to achieve optimum performance from your setup. If you really want to go the extra mile, then your money might be better spent on a Sound Pressure Level meter (Radio Shack--about $50). Just my two cents.

By the way, is your user name by any chance a reference to my beloved University of Tennessee Volunteers?:)
    "The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates
  • SpikeVols
    SpikeVols Posts: 4
    edited November 2002
    To answer your question, Yes For the Big Orange!!!! That is where I attended.... and thanks for your help
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2002
    Cool - Another BIG ORANGE fan - We will be back!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson