RT1000i

ashomj
ashomj Posts: 2
edited November 2002 in Troubleshooting
Hi, could somebody help me please. I have a pair of Polk RT 1000i with self contained sub woffers, 1 of the speakers sub woffer is not working, there is no light indicating that the sub woffer is activated. Any suggestions would be appriciated onhow tofix this problem.[EMAIL=jamesashomo@hotmail.com):confused:
james ashomo
Post edited by ashomj on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2002
    James, is there sound coming from the other speakers except the sub in that tower? sounds like a short in the sub amp or the wiring.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2002
    I would get in touch with Ken Swauger at customer service.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2002
    ashomj, turn up the volume on the sub and put your had by the power port on the bottom. No air? Light is not on but the other speaker light is? Make sure you have power and you have a signal going into it. If all is well than I would say the sub amp is out. Maybe a fuse. Call Polks Customer Service. One of the best in the business. ;)
  • ashomj
    ashomj Posts: 2
    edited November 2002
    Many thanks guys. I'm reside in the U.k. and live in london so to call polk customer service might be a bit exspensive, is the sub amp something I could fix or would you guys recomend taking it to a polk dealer?
    james ashomo
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2002
    i'd email the Polk support service and see what they recommend you do. good luck
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: