Speaker size/setting dilema

abenedicto
abenedicto Posts: 55
edited November 2002 in Speakers
I own a pair of rt600i's and a CS400I center channel...for those of you who own them, did you set them as large or small for bass mgmt ?
think before you speak....peace always

Yamaha htr-5740
Sony 222es (sacd/cd)
Velodyne CT-10 (sub)
JVC 48WP74 (HDTV)
Post edited by abenedicto on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2002
    I have the 400i but my mains are 800i so our systems are not that far off for comparison.
    When watching HT I keep all speakers set to small with sub on crossed at 80Hz. While listening to music I set my speakers to large with the sub off. Depending on my mood I may or may not play around with the different processors but in general I'll use only 2 channel stereo.

This just sounds best to me and is very dependent on the individual. Play around, tweak and experiment untill you get it the way you like it... its your equipment so have fun with it.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • abenedicto
    edited November 2002
    I know what you're saying...For movies I set them small and for music I set them at large.....I also have SACD and DVD-A to worry about now. Since my SACD player has bass mgmt. I have them set to all large and it sounds great !!

Yamaha htr-5740
    Sony 222es (sacd/cd)
    Velodyne CT-10 (sub)
    JVC 48WP74 (HDTV)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2002
    Thats good news because large is what I figure I'll use for DVD-A/SACD when I have the capability.

Sounds like you have a great settup over there!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • abenedicto
    edited November 2002
    I got into DVD-A first with a kick-**** Panasonic that was on clearance and then I purchased a SACD player on clearance also. So instead of buying a single tray universal unit I have two components that sound awesome for less than $300 !!!

SACD PLAYER: Sony scd-ce775 $169 plus a free sacd
    DVD-A PLAYER: PANASONIC DVDRA60 $117

Yamaha htr-5740
    Sony 222es (sacd/cd)
    Velodyne CT-10 (sub)
    JVC 48WP74 (HDTV)