Polk model numbers?

jerryez
jerryez Posts: 17
edited November 2002 in Speakers
What is the difference between R15 and R15i speakers. Also, does the model number change every year or when. What were the last bookshelf speaker model numbers? Thanks, in advance for your help to an audio newbie just trying to figure things out.
jerry
Post edited by jerryez on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited November 2002
    let me see here...lol, umm...a new model number is a number and letter change for the new models....it shows their different, not the same but different, it changes when they release their new speakers.....its actually i think just to help them categorize things...newayz thats the best i can explain....lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2002
    Basically what Polk does with there models is,
    the evalute the speaker and deside what could make that model alittle better.They have in the past tweaked the crossover and modified the tweeters.They also change the cabnet slightly,with grills,colors,etc......but basicaly they remain a timbre matched to the last years model.........to a degree........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jerryez
    jerryez Posts: 17
    edited November 2002
    Polk's jome page shows r15 as the current model. Does that mean r15i is a previous model, since it is not listed?
    jerry
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2002
    Yes. You will find the RT15i under the recent product library listing.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson