Receiver antenna problems resolved

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited October 2002 in Electronics
Well tonight i bought a RCA cheap O antenna just for kicks to see if it worked better than my 50.00 and 30.00 terk antenna's. Well it doesnt look real cool but it brings everything in, works great and its non powered. i live in a 1940's house so everything looks old anyways, LOL doors,window frames, base boards so why not a black rca metal antenna ?? Well when people come over for movies or what not i will just push the antenna;s down, LOL
anyways they work and k-mart had it on sale for $7.99 down from about $15.00 so i even got a good deal. well that saved me about 100.00 bucks buying a used receiver or antenna. Thanks for whoever told me to try the RCA rabbit ear type antenna.
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited October 2002
    faster100,

nice dolls.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2002
    Hey thats my wifes deal, LOL she gets the dolls on the big screen i get the audio stuff i want. works out good that way.... I know i know..... But the antenna... works great!! I know its not a million dollar specialty one but hey some times more doesn't mean better.. Thanks i will let my wife know you like them.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    Thats the thing that counts........it works....you know if you have an attic above,you could stick that thing up there.Just run the wires down inside the wall and plate it behind your equipment.Then you won't have to look at it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited October 2002
    Hello Faster This is StuffMD...I am the RCA antenna suggestion guy...I am glad it worked out for you....I am so pissed in all the money I spent on these so called trechnology antennas to get crappy reception.Terk especially...I bought the RCA for tv one day and read it it also works on FM as well and couldn't believe the reception difference....Next step if you have an entertainment center, my unit had holes to hang the unit..it will work behind the center .....................just takes a little more adjusting....
    Happy Stereo...Peace, StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center