Lsi 9 Review

Options
izafar
izafar Posts: 814
edited October 2002 in Speakers
An interesting read. Quite contrary to the other reviews that I have read about Lsi series, this one gives lesser marks to the upper end and midrange.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_3/polk-lsi9-speakers-9-2002.html
-izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
Post edited by izafar on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I read that review earlier. It's not that he doesn't like the speaker its just that he is compairing it to a B&W Nautilus 804 speaker that costs 2 1/2 times more (and a very detailed speaker if I remember correctly). I guess he is not one to say this speaker sounds as good as one costing 10X as much.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Those bast**ds !! How can they say that about the beloved Lsi9's !!! ;)
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2002
    Options
    My $.02.....My Lsi's beat the B&W hands down for sound quality. Yea I listened to the 804's, nice speakers, but I prefer my Lsi's.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I think it boils down to personal preference really (but then again, what doesn't?). I think the Bowers and Wilkins has a slightly forward midrange (which some view as 'clearer'), and very detailed highs.

The Polk LSi 9 is probably the flattest speaker I've heard to date from the lower mids all the way out to beyond what a human can hear.

Some like it detailed, some like it flat, I'd actually like to have a pair of both.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I say we find the guy that wrote the review an KICK HIS ****...WHO'S WITH ME?!?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2002
    Options
    LOL.......o man a lSi kicking **** club.....thats funny ****.

I'm with Russ on this.......it's personal taste.I for one also took Lsi over B&W.I was looking at the cdn9nt's and the rest of the theate package.Great speakers but fussy.I feel B&W doesn't play hard rock music well,my opnion....But give em jazz or classical and look out.Lsi to me seemed better suited for all kinds of music...more forgiving I guess.......lack of a longer post.

Just remember guys.personal taste goes into reviews.If the reviewer doesn't care for the sound quality of a given speaker or whatever they are reviewing, some wil go as far to BEAT/KICK the gear........I say reviews are reviews..good read and nice when alot of different reviewers feel the same way about a given product I will call it.......but guess what man........you got to be the reviewer and review it for yourself.Not that F%^K or any of the F&*ks out there can tell YOU what to use/like or dislike.......enjoy the read and leave it at that..........ok now where's my sword..........lets go Frank....LOL
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Manoj Motwani - Kick His ****?? I just want to know how to pronounce his name.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited October 2002
    Options
    did he break in the lsi-9, the classe cav-150 amp mite not be a good amp for the lsi-9 its a real layed back amp, and this guy manjo motwani needs a **** wipping
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Manjo smoking Matiwana, now he's laid back. :lol:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I'm not buying th elaid back thing with Classe...all my experience with there product is I heard punchy and full of life.Lots of head room .........I don't get it.The Lsi's are laid back to a point, but the explode into action when called apon.........I guess everyone hears what they hear...it is what it is.......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.