I want a separete tuner! Can i do this?? LOOK

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited October 2002 in Electronics
Ok i have a receiver Integra DTR7.1, before that the onkyo TX-SV727, Ok they are and were great receivers but the tuner for FM stinks! I have bought a few of the TERK antenna's and still crappy reception, i just recently bought the TERK tower antenna and it seemed to work better but now again crappy reception, they just don't put good FM receivers in the new HT receivers. I want to buy an older onkyo integra FM tuner, Ok no other suggestions for tuners as i want an onkyo or a integra tuner separete. But what i want to know is can i run the low level outputs say" into the tape or some other input on my HT rig and still have output to the speakers as if it were any other tape,cd or what not?? Let me know and what models or onkyo or integra older tuner models are good, Thanks again
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    I have a Phillips direct purchase from the company in 93 or 4 timeframe. I will consider trades, ie. dvd's and such.

Sits in the Master closet and looks new. 0 damage.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Well thanks for the offer but i really wanna try for a onkyo or integra as they will match my Older m-504 amp and i just like the brand, Well anyways could i use a tuner inputed to the receiver into like tape or cd and work ok?? Thats what i really need to know first i guess,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    The receiver was bought as a seperate when I was fortunate enough to have a Carver.

The h/k tuner in my World will suffice because of the WAF. Yes.. The Wife Acceptance Factor does not require local raidio @Home and the Car Audio is enough.

As I recall this receiver had a very competive noise value. Plus, when I worked for Litton Ind., we were colocated in the same building as Phillips distribution so I bought it on the cheap, hence minimal sales requirements. Low G's in shipping because UPS and FedEx were out of the loop on my end.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Cool,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2002
    Maybe you should try a Soundcraftsmen or a Techniques brand tuner? Just kidding :)

The Tuner output is the same level as a CD or DVD or standard Aux input. All of your inputs probably require this same input except for possibly a "phono" input which amplifies more than the "normal" ones. The only problem is that you have to remember which input you used.

A tape dubbing input is at the same level but on many systems it is not controlled by the volume control so be wary of that one. I don't know your particular receiver.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    LOL, hey thanks and thanks for the suggestions, just what i needed to know, It will work so now im off to find a Integra or onkyo tuner, Thanks everyone.........
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited October 2002
    Faster 100,
    Not really the recievers. I own the Onkyo 797 and use the RCA Antenna and get great reception. It has been my experience that I have not had good luck with TERK antennas...In my view they suck....no matter what Rep they might have. The RCA I use is for lack of technical terms is the one with two telescoping antennas like rabbit ears, and the loop in the middle. I am sure someone will be happy to clue me in to the technical term for this kind of antenna.
    Good Luck ,StuffMD.
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Well i have also come to the conclusion about terks, after 39.00 and 50.00+ on 2 different antenna's, and i really don't want to sink close to 100.00 on another one that "might" work better.
    I also don't wan't a lightning rod i mean outside antenna either although i have a mast on the house for one i will not invite lightning in to my Integra, LOL i am getting a separete tuner and if that don't work i will resell the tuner no sweat... I think i might try a simpler antenna though like you were mentioning
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    I have found the best Terk antenna to be the AM/FM Pi. I have a older one that is just FM and has worked well for over 15 years. I also live in San Francisco where there is many hills and valleys.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2002
    For a period of time I used a Sansui tuner I picked up off E-bay plugged into the front ports on my rcvr. Much better sounding, more versatile, etc.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    Do you have a roof top antenna???If so get a fm trap and run it to the receiver.
    If not you can try a better tuner, but it seems like your in a bad place for radio.Id consider a Terk outside FM PRO install.Get the thing outdoors and give that a try..........If that doesn't do it, then I'm out of better ideas.........This is what we do for bad fm problems..........it works 90 % of the time.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited October 2002
    Yea Faster the RCA unit sells for like $20 retail.............good luck.
    Peace StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center