wath do i choose ???

Options
perralaz
perralaz Posts: 8
edited October 2002 in Speakers
Please, help me to complete my speakers system :confused:

I have a pair of RT20p as front speaker, my room is 25 quadratmeter, my amplifier is a Denon AVC-A1D (5800 model US, i think ?)

I'm searching a center speaker and the surrounds (1 or 2 pairs) ...

95 % of this system is used for home theater

Thanx for your help ;)

Regards,

Pascal
Regards, Pascal

... :)
Post edited by perralaz on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Somewhere on the Polk site there is a tool to help you match your speakers. I looked but couldn't find it. Then again I'm schnockerred.

Personally, they should make this stuff more accessable. You can't enter Polkaudio without leaving clubpolk. This is a shame. I've asked for a link, but nada.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2002
    Options
    cs400,cs400i or csi40 all should work flawlessly for the center channel

Fx/500 series for rears for diffuse sound.If you want monopoles, use the rt35 series.Perfect match.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I found what gidrah was talking about. You have to start at the Polk home page. Under 'FAQ & Advice' click on 'Setting up a HT System'. Scroll down and click on 'Matching Vintage Polk Models' and you'll find what you need to complete your HT.
  • perralaz
    perralaz Posts: 8
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Thanks for your reply ;)

I know this tool to create polk systems but i am curius with your opinions ...

Is there no problem with the timbre matching between the lines cs, csxxxi and csixx ??? and wath about the new line LSiC ???

What would be the problem with an LSiC, a pair of LSiFX and my actual RT20P ???
    Thanks again for your help ;)
    Regards, Pascal

... :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Timbre match they do not.....lsi and rt don't go together at all.Rt and rti lines are a closer match.Stick in the family you'll be fine.

If you want Lsi , your gonna have to do the entire system that way.The tweeter is completely different.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.