Post edited by StarlightWk on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Do you have another one to use or what?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• StarlightWk
    StarlightWk Posts: 33
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hi F1nut,
    I intend to buy the adcom 565 mono block , and shift the existing 555mk11
    for H.T. useage. Is there any common issue on this 565 that i intend to buy ?
    thanks in advance .
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Starlight, what Uncle Jesse is trying to say, is unless you plan on listening to a SINGLE SDA (mono), you're one amp channel short of a great listening experience.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • StarlightWk
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hi Russman,

Of course the 565 comes in a pair , please enlighten me if I can drive the
    SDA SRS without the common ground issue , thanks .
  • F1nut
    edited May 2006
    Options
    They don't have to come in pairs and you used a singular description in your comments. The English language is a finely honed tool and when used correctly is very helpful to all involved.

Anyway, there are two circumstances when you can use mono block amps with SDA SRS speakers. One is if your serial numbers are above 5001 on both speakers. If so, you can use the special AI-1 interconnect cable, which you'll have to make as it's no longer sold. The other is if you can tie the negative outputs of the amps together to create a common ground. You'll have to check with Adcom to see if that can be done with those amps.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited May 2006
    Options
    StarlightWk,

The GFA-565 monoblocks will work great with the SRS's. I have a pair of these amps as well as SRS's. You will need to do the following things:

1. Connect the negative binding post terminals of each amp together with some good quality wire.

2. Connect the chassis of each amp together with some good quality wire that is the same size gauge as the wire connecting the negative binding post terminals. The chassis screws make good connection points. A good idea is to solder each end of the wire to a thin metal washer that has a soldering tab.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • StarlightWk
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks DarqueKnight, will follow as per your instructions. Better go snap up the mono blocks b4 there are gone . Its hard to come by these mono blocks in by
    area. Cheers !
  • StarlightWk
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks to F1nut too.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2006
    Options
    What about me?

High five!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks Russ.

President of Club Polk

• StarlightWk
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Last but not least RUSS the Man, Thanksssssssss