RTI / LSI Compatible?

Options
Janusch
Janusch Posts: 132
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Recently picked up a set of RTI speakers for my HT system and like them, BUT I went to Great indoors and heard the new LSI 7 and they sounded great. Here is the question.
How well with the LSI15 match with the CSI400 , RT55i, and the FX500I in a 7.1 system with the LSI15 as the mains?
Post edited by Janusch on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2002
    Options
    they don't.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited September 2002
    Options
    i liked the lsi-7 to. for a small speaker there dam good.
    i took a listen at the great in doors in vegas. it was a lousey sound room, every thing was set up wrong.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • Janusch
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Same lousy setup in Mich Joe, but the sales people will let me move things around a little when I want to listen.
    I was so impressed by the lsi-7s I would love to have them or one of the other lsi series in my HT setup when I listen to 2 channel music, but do not have the cash to do the whole system. My Great Indoors only have the lsi-7 in I'm still waiting to hear the LSI9 and LSI15. Does your have them in yet?
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I have the 7's and love them. It took a while for them to break in, but after about three months of daily use I can really notice the difference in sound. Things are just so much clearer.

In the next few months I am looking to get the LSi9's for mains and put the 7's in as my rears.

Even if I end up not getting the 9's I know that I am totally happy with my setup.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Janusch
    edited September 2002
    Options
    avelanchefan
    How much of problems do you find the mix between the RT25I and your new LSI's? Do you do mostly music or movies? I went to the Great Indoors yesterday and they said that they will have the new LSI15 out this weekend. Maybe I will get a chance to listen to them next week.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I do notice that the rti's are a little "lighter" in sound. But overall I think they match up fairly well. They do not match up Timbre wise exactly, but both models are very solid in construction. So for me personally it works out great. I just could not afford forking out all the money for the LSi setup.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png