new polk models...

mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited September 2002 in Speakers
http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=3&speaker=315

wow, talk about cool! polk's also got some new and improved rm series coming out! (which include mini power ports!)

polk's new sub models are up as well!

joe :D
Post edited by mjk91383 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    I saw a pair when I was visiting Polk, they make my pants go CRAZY

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited September 2002
    Well, Time to trade in my Sub...I like the fact that it's smaller and pumps out more bass...Me like!
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited September 2002
    Ok now I'm trying to figure this one out. Polk LSi15's are about the same price point. So the choice is 4 Ohms 20-250 watts, or 8 Ohms 50-500 watts. I can't wait to hear these aginst the LSi15's.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • tony27
    tony27 Posts: 49
    edited September 2002
    they probably will have more bass then the lsi15 and is in the same price range. i like it!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    i know for a fact...the midrange and high end on the lsi will be alot better...LOL! different drivers and alot better tweeter on the lsi's...

The subs on the Rti will be pretty accurate being only 6 1/2...although.......im not a fan of towers or towers with subwoofers...i prefer bookshelfs
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2002
    Dunno about those RTi's. I would prefer at least a dual mid set of drivers compared to 3 sub's to the 1 mid. Seems like it'd be overkill, but who knows. Best tower speaker that creates an insane amount of bass is the RT16's. I haven't heard a speaker yet that I like for just raw power and bass. 99% of the time, I don't even need a sub turned on......and i have the bass adjustment knob on my receiver turned down to about 30%. Love em......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • tony27
    edited September 2002
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    i know for a fact...the midrange and high end on the lsi will be alot better...LOL! different drivers and alot better tweeter on the lsi's...

so you heard both speakers and you are sure the lsi are better in the midrange and highs?
  • tony27
    edited September 2002
    Originally posted by brettw22
    best tower speaker that creates an insane amount of bass is the RT16's. I haven't heard a speaker yet that I like for just raw power and bass. 99% of the time, I don't even need a sub turned on......and i have the bass adjustment knob on my receiver turned down to about 30%. Love em......

..maybe the rti150 would do even better than those rt16's :lol:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2002
    my opion if you are going for ht i would not get the rti1500 i would go for the ls 15 or the ls 9 but if you are going for a 2 chanel rig i guess the rt 150 would be good i have the 800 and they are awsome and blend great with my sub it would be 600 more for 2 of them vs the 70 and for 600 i can get a great sub