NAD 2200PE Power Amp

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
Living room presentable. 100wpc @ 8 ohms. 400watts bridged mono. European version factory converted for US ops. $200 + shipping from South Jersey. I just shipped one to Vegas and it was $47 so figure accordingly if interested.

Local area pick-up is welcome and encouraged.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2006
    Options
    You forgot to post pics :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2006
    Options
    You forgot to post pics :D

hey if George Grand (of the Jersey Grands) says it's living room presentable that's good enough for me :p

You want pics??? Here :D

Ooops....sorry. I forgot we weren't supposed to do this anymore :(
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Modvlar
    Modvlar Posts: 51
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Oooh, I'm tempted. What condition is it in, plus what was done to mod it for US use? Transformer replacement? (what kind... standard block, or torroid)? Super tempted.... Let me know....
  • George Grand
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Nothing was done to modify it. They come from the factory dual-voltage capable. This one was obviously for Europe. The back panel states that in order for the voltage to be changed a NAD service tech needs to get in there. He or she did, and it is now 120volts.
  • Modvlar
    Modvlar Posts: 51
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I hate when companies do that regarding upgrades/changes. I don't want to send my gear to sometimes get bounced half way around the world just for a small fix I can do myself. Makes it idiot proof though, hearing some of the goofs other people have done with their gear (and myself on a sleep depraived mod binges) Probably just moved some wirewraps to different transformer windings.

Anyway, will have to put my thoughts on purchasing on pause, just got some feedback regarding something with a bit more umpf, and that the wife will also probably kill me regarding (mainly for the fact that I don't REALLY need to do any of this anyway... just want a backup for when I decide to crack open my amp to start replacing/cleaning parts and kill it).

Best of Luck.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thank you so much for expressing an interest in the amp. My faith in my fellow man remains at a pretty low level.
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thank you so much for expressing an interest in the amp. My faith in my fellow man remains at a pretty low level.

Chin up, there, snookie. Hope springs eternal.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    He's only got 17 posts, but this man gets my personal seal of approval. Tentoze got the first NAD 2200 I talked about in the thread.

Avoid at all cost getting into a pissing or rankout contest with this individual. He will rip you a new zorch in record time, and I will guarantee you, it will be the funniest zorch rip you've ever had. So in summary, somebody please screw with him, I really could use a good laugh.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I've allready seen it :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I can't believe noone has picked up this amp yet. There always seems to be someone looking to try seperates for the first time and this would be a cheap way to do so and still get quality stuff.

bump
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Options
    So in summary, somebody please screw with him, I really could use a good laugh.
    ohskigod wrote:
    I've allready seen it
    I wanna see it, too!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Maybe something is amiss with my presentation? Let me try a subtler approach..

SOMEBODY BUY THIS AMP YOU CHEAP SCREWS!!!! It's a damn steal.

The old honey vs vinegar approach.
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Maybe something is amiss with my presentation? Let me try a subtler approach..

SOMEBODY BUY THIS AMP YOU CHEAP SCREWS!!!! It's a damn steal.

The old honey vs vinegar approach.

That should do it.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2006
    Options
    So,... what good sir, is the vinegar approach?

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm interested.

What's the history. Originally yours?
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • riglehart
    edited March 2006
    Options
    By the way. How do you contact the seller on this site. Like this?
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited March 2006
    Options
    riglehart wrote:

Direct questions and offers should be sent by the Private Messaging system. Click on the seller's name and the option to send a P.M. is there.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2006
    Options
    riglehart wrote:

click on the users name and send them a private message is the best way.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • riglehart
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Got it. Thanks.

I'm on NADs site looking at amp specs. Why does this thing kick such butt, even compared to the newer stuff. The IHF dynamic power is through the roof. You need to get into the next generation THX stuff to beat it.

Do AMPS ever "wear out". Do the electronics get old/brittle and fail from heat. That's my biggest concern with an older peice.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2006
    Options
    It will probably out live you! Welcome Riglehart!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    "George, have the speaker relay joints been re-soldered?"

You know, that's a really good question.... that I have never heard anybody ask anyone before.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited March 2006
    Options
    call me kooky, but if george says the amp is solid, its solid.
    if someone needs an amp, and this fits the bill, they should snag it.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    The amp has been tentatively sold to Rob (Riglehart). Seems like a nice enough man so I lowered the price slightly to accomodate his pocket. He wants to get into separates. Thanks to everybody else.

Anonymouse, in light of the things that have passed between us in the past, I'd like to thank you for your support in the early part of this thread. You didn't have to do that, and it shows me you're a stand up guy.

For those that aren't aware of it, ALL proceeds from audio sales here at "Sounds Grand" WILL be donated to the handicapped or developmentally disabled, however you want to look at it.. Thank you for the support.

Now somebody come by and pick-up these damn AR-78LS's that are sitting here looking beautiful.