Polk Audio CRS+ - need fixing up

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought these and they were suppose to be in great shape, well they are not in horrible shape, but they have issues.

Some of the grill pegs are snapped off, they have minor scratches, something blue is on them, there is a coil off the crossover rolling around inside the cabinet. I have not even hooked them up, with the coil loose inside.

Interconnect cord included.

I have been holding onto them and was going to refinish them, fix the crossover and all but have not, and don't see me getting the time to do so in the near future. With a little effort you could have some great speakers at a low price.

I would like to sell them local pick up only. If they don't sell in a couple days, I will consider shipping them.

Asking 175.00
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2006
    atleast the fronts and drivers look fine...maybe someone could reveneer them?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2006
    Those look like a banged-up version of the pair that you sold me in near-mint condition a few years back.... Which, by the way, I recently passed them at the same price to another Polk-guy in Idaho.

My advice would be to simply fix the grill plug problem, reglue the crossover, plug them in, and enjoy them. They will still sound like new.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2006
    If you decide to ship, I'll take them.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2006
    sale pending
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."