Tweeter out of phase?

Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited August 2002 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of RTA 8T's I just got back and there is a problem with the imaging and soundstage balance. The sound seems to come from 1 side. Tried switching the speakers around still the same. Hooked up my other set of Polks RTA 11T's and 5B's and no problem. Tried switching receivers and still the same problem. A friend of mine said maybe the phasing is off. So I hooked up a AA battery and all four of the woofers were good. Unfortunately there is no way to see if the Sl2000 tweeters are in phase. Can't see the dome move like the woofer cone. Help

Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• patwhite
    patwhite Posts: 9
    edited August 2002
    sl2000 tweeters have the positive marked with a plus sign near the terminal that corresponds....the black wire should be connected to the plus side, the white the negative.

hope this helps.

pat
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    Most if not all Polk drivers I have seen have a red dot for the positive terminal.....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited August 2002
    Just got back from where?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited August 2002
    Back from my brothers house. I lent him the speakers 10 yrs. ago, but I just got a bigger house and can use them for my bedroom home theater.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited August 2002
    Are you getting any sound from the speaker in question? If not,
    you've probably got a bad connection somewhere. Maybe at the terminals or the internal wiring or maybe a bad crossover. If you have some sound, check that the tweeter is working. Just put your ear next to it, you'll know if it's playing. Did you ask your brother if he had any problems?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk