james vaughan Posts: 96
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
My 6.1 home theater system consists of:
1. polk csi 5 center
2. polk csi 3 center
3. a pair of fx 500i surrounds
4. polk rt55i front left and right
5. crown michro tech 1200 center channel amp
All equipment is in excelent shape and has been pamperd. The csi3 and 5 are only a few months old. Asking $1000 for all.
Let me know if this is too much to ask for these am not a regular poster here just lurk alot and enjoy reading and learning.
Live in washington puyallup area and would rather not have to ship any of this. Actually as a preemptive; would prefer local come by and test out before you by kind of thing. Yep it all works. Yep its all in great shape......if you know what I mean.
Thanks guys
Post edited by james vaughan on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hey James, nice setup you have. Are you getting out of HT?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    No I have upgraditis .......if I spelled that correctly.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2006
    Options
    No I have upgraditis .......if I spelled that correctly.

Cool!!! You've got to spill the beans, whats in your wish list?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thank you for the compliment. Forgot to add that.
    Have jsut had most of the system for a few years and want to try somthing different for the speaker setup.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2006
    Options
    are you willing to break up the set?

if so, how much for the Rt55i's?

How much for the FX/500i's?

I'm in da state too. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    ok dont scream at me but If I sell seperate I am asking $300 for the rt55s(pair) and $250 for the rears (pair). These have been run on seperate amps (not under powerd) and used very gently so if the price is high for what they normally run, and I do not know what they are going for because I cannot find any, its because I know these have been treated extremely well.
    Ok let the bashing begin:)
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Am selling to finance for an upgraded speaker system. Love these speakers but feel the need to move up in the food chain.
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Cool!!! You've got to spill the beans, whats in your wish list?
    Actually am looking for suggestions have my eye on a brand but have not caused a divorce yet :)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2006
    Options
    james no problemo friend. i was just curious more than anything.. i'd like to own a pair of RT55i's some time.. the RTi series holds a place my heart.. the FX/500i's would be an upgrade to my FX/300i's.

I was just on a fishing trip more than anything with my questions.

but thanks for posting the prices..

best of luck with the sale. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    james no problemo friend. i was just curious more than anything.. i'd like to own a pair of RT55i's some time.. the RTi series holds a place my heart.. the FX/500i's would be an upgrade to my FX/300i's.

I was just on a fishing trip more than anything with my questions.

but thanks for posting the prices..

best of luck with the sale. :)
    No prob. Have you tried to sell yours on craigs list? Stuff really sells quick on that site. Could do this to finance the upgrade. Just a thought.
    If these prices are not the norm please let me know. Have read some narly bashing on this site by folks trying to post stuff for sale. Am coming in with a humble attitude and not sure if my pricing is fair for the going rate for these speakers.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Your prices aren't "steals" but they are probably a fair "asking price". You should be able to easily sell those Maple RT55is. You don't see them very often.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Your prices aren't "steals" but they are probably a fair "asking price". You should be able to easily sell those Maple RT55is. You don't see them very often.
    Thanks for the reply shack. I do not like seeing people selling things go for more than they are worth myself and was hoping I was at least in the ball park.
    Thanks again.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,189
    edited January 2006
    Options
    James,
    Are the RT55i in Cherry or Maple? The pics look like cherry, but I was wondering after Shack's comment above.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Now that I look more closely they are probably cherry....my monitor may be going bad. (or my eyes)
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited January 2006
    Options
    James, No worries, you posted a nice ad with all the info needed and your prices seem fair enough. Good luck with your sale.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• james vaughan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    billbillw wrote:
    James,
    Are the RT55i in Cherry or Maple? The pics look like cherry, but I was wondering after Shack's comment above.
    They are cherrey they actually match my rose wood SVS
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Pretty nice looking install you have there bud. But you need to clean the projector...looks like there is something growing out of it. Kind of like my gutters.
    Good luck with the sale...I would snag the 55is if I were local.
    Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • james vaughan
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Pretty nice looking install you have there bud. But you need to clean the projector...looks like there is something growing out of it. Kind of like my gutters.
    Good luck with the sale...I would snag the 55is if I were local.
    Woody
    Had to apease the wife and put flowers or somthing around the projector. Actually doesnt look that bad in person. But yeah need to clean up the wires and such, just bought the place and moved in so still working on it.