RT1000i question

Fly B
Fly B Posts: 18
edited August 2002 in Speakers
Okay, let's try this again....

I'm currently running RT25i fronts with a PSW350 sub, CS245i center, and R10 surrounds...

I've come across a great deal on a pair of RT1000i's.

If I were to purchase them, though, I'd have to sell the R10's and PSW350 to keep finances on an even keel (and move the 25i's to surrounds, of course).

So I'm asking for opinions: Would running the RT1000i's without an external sub be a comparable experience to the 25i/350 combo? Better? Worse? Please advise...
Post edited by Fly B on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    Fly B,
    the rt1000i's for just music with proper setup ,time patience, and everything else could outshine the rt35's and the psw350.
    But for theater you'd want another sub,not the psw350 but maybe the psw450.I would keep the rt35's for rears if your into monopoles there.

The rt1000i's they sound good,but it takes alot to get them that way, not an easy speaker to get right.
    Think before you spend/trade or whatever you do.Listen to them as well.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited August 2002
    No way the 1000's can compete with a separate sub, for base output. I have a pair and I love 'em but,
    they sound best with the their subs turned down less than half. As said they make beautiful music,
    but for HT explosions etc. they would be seriously lacking oomph.
    -Luc
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    I have the rt1000's and totally agree with mantis and luc.
    The rt1000's are not compramise for strong bass. They are great speakers properly set up, but for HT a good sub is a must have. The 1000's will not give you the bass you are looking for in place of your psw350.
  • Fly B
    edited August 2002
    So the consensus is that Rt1000i's are probably better run with an external sub than instead of one, and that they can't compete (alone) in terms of bass response for HT purposes.

I figured that might be the case. I'm really happy with the sound and simplicity of my current set-up...but like I said, I stumbled upon a great deal on the 1000's, and it got me thinking.

But I'll probably keep things as they are, for now.

Thanks, everyone.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited August 2002
    That depends. Exactly HOW good of a deal?
    I'll bet NOBODY got a better deal than I did on mine (for a new pair to boot).
  • Fly B
    edited August 2002
    These are not new, but are in great shape....and I'm fairly sure I could talk the seller down to $400 for the pair...and I may be able to trade the R10's in to shave some bucks off...(since the 25i's would be used for surrounds)

But as I said, I am pretty happy with the 25i/PSW350 combo...I can't see shelling out the bucks if the improvement will be minimal, complicated, or non-existent....