Speaker Trade-In Program...

Options
mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
...does anyone here know the details about how Circuit City's speaker trade-in policy works?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I would check the Circuit City website, as I am pretty sure it has the details on it.

Essentially if you buy a speaker, within a year you can bring them back and recieve full credit on your purchase price to upgrade. I did this a couple of months ago to upgrade my CS245i to the CS400i.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Troy is correct... however..the speaker cannot look like it just got done with a "who" tour.... The older members will know what I mean.

I have upgraded there before..they just credit you what you paid/taxes and if any left on extended warranty..then ring it up again...+ the difference. You get brand new warranty.
  • eaadams
    eaadams Posts: 213
    edited September 2001
    Options
    OMG I'm only 22 and I know what the Who tour thing means!!!! Does that mean I'm now ... "older?" AHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

do you need the box to return?
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I dont think you need the box.. when I traded my ct80 for the 150. they took it out... pressed on cone to see if it was ok...and then put it out...took box in back...that was it. dont worry about box... I'm not going to.:D
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I returned a pair of speakers to CC, in the factory box with packing and in the plastic bags they originally came in. The girls behind the counter took them out checked them slapped a sticker on the back of each and called a guy from Home Stereo to come get them. I was really shocked and asked what about the box packing manuals?? oh we will throw this stuff away.. I would not worry about the box.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Just traded in my 1000's for 2000's since they are on sale... I did not have boxes... they did not care.. I did have the manuals and feet in a ziploc...wonder if they will remain with the speakers. When I bought my 800i's open box..they had a hard time finding the spikes and they had no manuals....
    anyway...had to de-box my 2000's to get em in the car...

to make a long story longer..just do it! :)