RT55s for Sale on Ebay

Options
2»

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited December 2005
    Options
    my .02 you returned speakers because if what someone said on an internet forum? your a sheep, plain and simple

and the question begs itself, after you supposedly returned the speakers, why did you keep posting?

and in closing Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. :D

on another note, maybe we need posted rules with the basics, like dont put your ebay auction here.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Im bidding on them,and thanx for bringing it to our attention!
  • mdevine
    mdevine Posts: 11
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ohskigod..great post. I really enjoyed it. I have been called many things, but never a sheep. All very good questions, but I will refrain from answering/responding since it seems the majority would rather have this post die.

Keith Allen..thanks. 10% off for you if you win. As well as any other polksters that post on this board (prior to end of auction) that they are bidding on this auction.

Wishing all of you polk speakers in your stockings and under your tree.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    ohskigod..great post. I really enjoyed it. I have been called many things, but never a sheep. All very good questions, but I will refrain from answering/responding since it seems the majority would rather have this post die.

you might have focused on the insult more than the message. really, in short, stop caring so much what people think. you wanna hang here? hang. Dont let me tell you you to eff off. but getting rid of speakers you liked because of internet posters? cmon dude, can you really argue with the logic? I tend to react harshly when I see something so silly to me.

but, ces la vie

merry christmas and safe and Happy Holidays to you and all.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Kudos on the better speaker jab.

No jab intended , this was an attempt at humor on my part.

And to make it official I’m calling DIBS on the open boxers.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • mdevine
    mdevine Posts: 11
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ohskigod....you are right. But we all do some silly stuff for personal reasons sometimes. I am a member of several message boards very similar to this one. I have never seen as many uptight people on any board in my life. There are some hard core polkers take this stuff way too serious. Based on previous posts it seems many people feel the same way. I cannot believe a simply Ebay post has generated this much traffic. You guys sure are passionate about something as un-important (in the grand scheme of life) as speakers. The difference between the lower end Polk (M10) and Infinity (Primus) speakers is minimal at best. Switching speakers is not big deal at all to me. I had to go to CC anyway to pick up other stuff. My decision was simply my way of doing something so I would not have to inconvienence you folks again in the future.

I have gone out of my way to provide extra discounts to CP members and have not been disrespectful to any specific member.

I don't care what you say about me. I have applauded any good posts against me.

gwh...thanks. I like the DIBS.

I would also like to thank all of you for keeping this thread at the top of the list. Based on number of people watching the auction I think it is helping my true cause.

I am done
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    Thanks all for your help and genuine concern.

Amulford...I simply want to sell a set of speaker on ebay. Auction info above if needed. I have no interest in the success of Polk Corp so I would not waste time reporting this post to anyone.

Marker..glad I could give you a laugh. I thought it was funny as well. I had to look up what ROTFLMAO meant. Very funny.

Shack...ease up. This is not that big of a deal.

Warlock1...thanks for the best wishes. I will take your advice unless anyone wants to discuss further.

you really should start a new thread under a different user name with the same link.
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited December 2005
    Options
    hydrobud wrote:
    you really should start a new thread under a different user name with the same link.
    I dont get it
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    Options
    people here seem to be very sensitive about how many post you have when trying to sell an item here.so a little ballbusting should be in order.afterall im sure these same people would not mind selling their gear to a noob.
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    Options
    i don't understand reserves.
    why not just start your bidding at what you want?
    and put up a submit offer.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I dont get it
    As you can see from the post above, you should not worry about "getting it".
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    hydrobud wrote:
    people here seem to be very sensitive about how many post you have when trying to sell an item here.so a little ballbusting should be in order.afterall im sure these same people would not mind selling their gear to a noob.

Wrong. What is not highly regarded is people who ONLY join to try to off something. They aren't really interested in joining this web community.

Ball busting, huh?

Whether you know this or not, this is a real group of friends. I have personally met quite a few of the members, Talked audio, talked life, broke bread, tipped more than a few. I have walked up to people and called them by their (screen)name without ever having met them. I have made friends in this Forum from East coast to West coast. Where else on the internet do you find that?

Yes, some of us are sensitive. However, how often do you see someone ripped off from THIS Flea Market? Why? Because we have these simple guidelines we go by and we are very adamant about maintaining them. Simple as that.

As for the last part of your post, You're right. I wouldn't have a problem selling a FNG something. At least if I do, I know he or she will be getting a good deal. He or she will know exactly what they are getting and they won't have to bid and hope they make the cut. He or she will be paying a fair or less than fair price for it. I know that if they don't like it, they can send it back for a full refund. If they have a problem, I will do all I can to either rectify it or help them do so. No, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

That does it. I have a good time to go enjoy. I hope all of you do, too... Feliz Navidad...
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    Options
    i hear what you are saying.i don't mean anything truly negative about busting balls.
    and there is other boards that i have met some of the nicest people you would want to meet.
    i hope everyone has a wonderful christmas eve tonite.and i will be toasting the board now.