FS: SDA-SRS - Holiday Sale Price

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited December 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
**SOLD**

As some of you have been following, my SDA journey took me very fast up to the 1.2 TL's that weather permitting I will be picking up next Monday.

That means that I need to let my SDA-SRS's go, basically to pay for the TL's. :rolleyes:

Some of you also know that I got these VERY cheap...and some of you also know what they are going for in ...ahem...ebay.

Well, I would feel very bad if I did not offer these here to the wonderful polkies community, so here it goes.

I will let them go to a club member for the price I'm paying for the TL's, that is $1,395. Local pick up of course.

Oh, yes; they are piano gloss black; why? The guy that sold them to me says they were custom made for some reviewer at the time (I think Stereo review).
-One of the tops and one of the bottoms can use some new lacquer....pictures speak for themselves.
-The rest is in great shape (drivers, cloth, etc).

Here are some pics and part of the story
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34463&highlight=SRS+house

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited December 2005
    Those are beautiful. Wish I had the money and the space.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2005
    Just FYI...Piano Gloss Black finish is not easily repaired. Where exactly is the "Holiday Sale" price?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    In the eye of the beholder, Mr. Maggieman...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    I would not exactly say that $1395 is a "holiday sale price". If the finish was in VGC, I'd say OK, but it's not...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2005
    HTrookie wrote:
    I will let them go to a club member for the price I'm paying for the TL's, that is $1,395. Local pick up of course.

:eek: Guess that's the polkie sale price?

RT1
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2005
    I thought the sda srs went for 7 -800? 1,395 seems very high to me.. maybe i'm wrong,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Very wrong...

Within the last month, two pairs on ebay went for $2200 and $1825, both were very nice. Last Audiogon $1250, but when that was or what condition they were in I've no idea...

I'm not saying that $1395 is the deal of the century for these, but it doesn't suck and it's here.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2005
    Ok then, if that's what market says....good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    I must be thinking of the smaller ones like Noel has..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2005
    Yea, he's got the SDA SRS 2.
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    I am sorry this turned out to be a bad thing vs. a good thing......

I did get a great deal, but unfortunately am not in a position to do better for CP. For me it MUST be like this or I cannot get the other pair.

Sorry guys, and I hope some of you do understand that I am in fact trying to give back to the forum....even though some others might not. :)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited December 2005
    dorokusai wrote:
    Just FYI...Piano Gloss Black finish is not easily repaired. Where exactly is the "Holiday Sale" price?

if they were mint they would have been sold to me this morning (i think)
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2005
    I think that $500+ below the going rate(by Tour's reference) is a pretty good deal. That would leave plenty to get them repaired and replace the tweeters. Ricardo is a standup guy...he could take them to the Bay and, most likely, get quite a bit more, but chose to offer them here first. He didn't buy them from member, so it doesn't/shouldn't matter what he paid for them, right???
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2005
    I paid $2300 for my SDA-SRS but that was kinda high. Should have been under $1900. What can I say, I got caught up in the ebay excitement. :) BTW, I seem to like them a little better than my mint 1.2's. The SDA-SRS have more of a breathy sort of midrange.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited December 2005
    faster100 wrote:
    I thought the sda srs went for 7 -800? 1,395 seems very high to me.. maybe i'm wrong,

Uhhh... yeah... you're wrong. :) Anything less than $1200 is virtually unheard of for SRS any more. In my opinion, anything in the $1200-1500 range is very nicely priced for a pair with no aesthetic problems. It seems that the original SRS and 1.2s (non TLs) are quite frequently settling in the $1500-2000 range these days.

Can't always tell from auction and website listings whether the pair is SRS or SRS 1.2. It isn't always clear. For example, the pair I bought as original SRS (both the seller and I assumed they were) turned out to be SRS 1.2. The labeling doesn't necessarily say the correct model. In my case, the interconnect configuration was the giveaway...
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    Yeah ahh read my post after that, I was thinking of the srs 2 :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited December 2005
    When I joined the forum in April, $1500 was pretty much the accepted value of the SRS's. Anything less was considered a good deal. As stated, prices vary due to condition and for the SRS's and any large speaker, location is paramount.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2005
    Hi HTRookie, did you say you are selling your SDA SRS?? I'd be interested in them. I joined this forum just recently as I have renewed my interest in audio gear and was looking for some "imposing" speakers.....the huge Polk SDA SRS would fit the bill. Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2005
    They would put the lockdown on "imposing"...I think they are still available.
  • polksda
    edited December 2005
    Uhhh... "imposing"... good word. WAF? What WAF? Dem big-assed Polks go up to yo missus and say "Yo ****! Get into the kitchen and bake *US* some pie!"

They've been known to strong-arm door-to-door salesmen and Jehovah's Witnesses too... ;)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2005
    polksda wrote:
    WAF? What WAF? Dem big-assed Polks go up to yo missus and say "Yo ****! Get into the kitchen and bake *US* some pie!"

In this case, its are the SDAs approving of the wife? Not the other way around.
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    joeparaski wrote:
    Hi HTRookie, did you say you are selling your SDA SRS?? I'd be interested in them. I joined this forum just recently as I have renewed my interest in audio gear and was looking for some "imposing" speakers.....the huge Polk SDA SRS would fit the bill. Joe

Joe,

Yes, they are for sale, at the posted price for an established CP member. Selling them at this price to someone that joined just a couple of days ago was not exactly what I had in mind.
    They will stay at this price for an "established" CP member for the balance of this year (for me to decide what established means).

Hope you understand. If you are still interested we might arrange something early January.

SOPA
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2005
    Thanks Ricardo, keep me in mind then for the New Year, I understand about the membership thing, I'd probably do the same if I were in your place. And I'm all ready to drive the 12 hours just to get to your place.

It took some work, but I have succeeded with the WAF thank God! I've been searching and searching for speakers for a while now, and no matter what I look at, I can't get the SRS's out of my head. I hope I won't be dissapointed with the sound, as I hear some people tell me that they are "so-so".

I've been going through the posts on this forum and looks fantastic....basically, ask any question and get a helpful answer. Similar to the powered parachute group on yahoo (that's what I'm into also).
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2005
    It's your product and you obviously have the right to sell to whomever you want - but IMO if you're going to set conditions on your sale, you should state that in the original thread.

I have issues with people signing up just to sell their crap, and understand the logic behind someone having issues with people signing up just to buy stuff, but I don't think that's the case here. And if someone is signing up to 'get into Polk' - what better way than starting off with a pair of SDAs - I think it's the perfect way to help someone fall in love with Polk and help them stick around...
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2005
    ^ Cash is cash, right?
    Dude wants to drive 12 hrs. I think that establishes something. :)

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Polkmaniac wrote:
    It's your product and you obviously have the right to sell to whomever you want - but IMO if you're going to set conditions on your sale, you should state that in the original thread.

I have issues with people signing up just to sell their crap, and understand the logic behind someone having issues with people signing up just to buy stuff, but I don't think that's the case here.
    +1...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• polksda
    edited December 2005
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2005
    Ricardo,

If I were in your shoes, I'd let joeparaski come and get 'em. You have to remember it's the holidays and most people aren't gonna have $1395 extra laying around. Just my .02, but I wouldn't pass on his offer to drive down from Canada to take delivery of them.

Birthday Boy
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited December 2005
    I agree, conditions should be stated in original body of ad not after someone has stated he wants to buy them. I know that a newbie joining to sell something here is frowned upon but this is the other way around, I have seen stuff sit around here and sit around and nobody even sniffs the sale, if a newbie comes on and wants to buy 1400.00 speakers and drive 12 hours to pick them up face to face and no BS with payment, and nobody from the "family" has even made an offer on the same speakers, then why not sell them the speakers. Your speakers your sale, but sheeeez!!!!!

CRj :rolleyes:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2005
    twelve hour drive, one way?, cash?,sell 'em and buy the guy a good lunch :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)