SDA-2 Speakers For Sale

Virginia-Don
Virginia-Don Posts: 2
edited January 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a pair of SDA-2 speakers that I bought from a guy in 1987. I've used them as speakers for my TV and easy listening-- I've never really played them above low to medium volume. I have the interconnect cable, instruction manual, the original boxes, and the styrofoam interbox that came with the speakers. For the last 4 years they have been wrapped in shipping blankets in a closet off my livingroom. I'm moving to Florida at the end of the month and I don't want to haul the speakers with with me. I live outside of Washington, DC. does anyone know of someone that may be interested in these speakers? I seriously do not know what they are worth. Please make me an offer.

Thanks,

Don
Post edited by Virginia-Don on

Comments

• hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    I have a pair of SDA-2 speakers that I bought from a guy in 1987. I've used them as speakers for my TV and easy listening-- I've never really played them above low to medium volume. I have the interconnect cable, instruction manual, the original boxes, and the styrofoam interbox that came with the speakers. For the last 4 years they have been wrapped in shipping blankets in a closet off my livingroom. I'm moving to Florida at the end of the month and I don't want to haul the speakers with with me. I live outside of Washington, DC. does anyone know of someone that may be interested in these speakers? I seriously do not know what they are worth. Please make me an offer.

Thanks,

Don

i'll drive down from new york and pick them up if you let them go for $150.00.i can probably make it this week-end.
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2005
    I seriously do not know what they are worth. Please make me an offer.
    Someone help VD out.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud wrote:
    i'll drive down from new york and pick them up if you let them go for $150.00.i can probably make it this week-end.

got some more of that....hydro bud? :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2005
    Hi VirginiaDon. Welcome to CP!

We don't bid against each other here. What you can do is do a search for your speakers here & see what they were sold for. That will give you a better idea.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2005
    Welcome.....

EDIT....

Those are nice speakers.....some polkie should get them.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited December 2005
    sda2mike wrote:
    got some more of that....hydro bud? :D

awesome
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2005
    if ya bring em to florida, then i can buy em :) what part of fla ya moving to?
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    he said make an offer...
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud wrote:
    he said make an offer...
    you funny! :p
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    I paid $175 for my SDA2's. C'mon guys, can we just once not try to run someone off?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud wrote:

Do you also notice the fewer amount of drivers? :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    am i doing something wrong? i made an offer that is not much more or less that that ebay auction and what nadams paid.
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    then maybe you guys ought to just sell it for him.thank god he's not selling something else,or most of you guys would be on him like a rabbid dog.
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud- I'm on your side... i've never been afraid of one-post sellers as I know to cover my ****. Local pickup only, cash deal is the only way to go! It's the few people that have been burned by trusting too much that run off the sellers for everyone else...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    yeah lets not run off another person. i think when SDA's come up for sale from someone who's not a Club Polk member. I think we should treat them with a little kindness.. as long as they show some respect back of course.

I think when a pair of SDA's come up for sale. i think we should handle them on a first come first serve basis. just like we'd buy something from me for instance. Only difference is that we'd make an offer to the seller..and that person would be first in line to make an offer to the newbie seller.

So in this case.. hydro is first up.. so he and the seller can agree on a deal offline. not bid in public. if both parties agree on a price.. then that would be left to the buyer and seller.

I think it's a good idea. Then if hydro passed on em.. the second, third, forth person would then get a chance to work out a deal with the seller. knowing ahead of time. that this would all be done in private.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    what i dont understand is that i make an offer then people start making comments that im out of line for making such an offer.at the same time some people were pissed that someone contacted this this ebay seller and explaining to him what he actually was selling,which most likely drove up the price and probably resulting in the auction ending early.
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    i now realize that i should not have made the offer out loud ,next time i will pm the person and let you guys no about it.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    hydro, i'm on your side. I'm just afraid if we run off another person in here again. that means that one of us club polkers won't get a pair of SDA's. and they'll end up on the bay for much more. :mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2005
    Hydro-dude, you're fine. He asked for an offer, you made an offer--no harm no foul.

Carry on people...nothing to see here. :D
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    i love you son of a ****!!!! come here gimme a hug.... :D
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    all right VD..whats the verdict ? we know your looking...
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    i guess thats a negative.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2005
    You may want to give him a couple as he's not a rabid Polkie yet, if ever.

As far as the offer, who cares, he asked, you offered....done deal. Let the cry babies run amok.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited December 2005
    what VD doesn't know is that we bid backwards here so the longer he waits to give you an answer, the more likely someone else will bid $149 which he will have to accept or get nothing.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2005
    I thought the SDA-2's had SL2000's in them? The 2A's and B's don't have that driver pattern. (I don't think anyways)

BTW I think SDA-2's go for around $200 depending on condition.
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    The SDA-2's have SL2000s, the 2a's and 2b's are short one mid-driver and one tweeter.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • michael_w
    edited December 2005
    Are those not SL1000's pictured?
  • nadams
    edited December 2005
    Yes, but unless they were early runs, they should've had sl2000's. Actually, now that I look at the info from Polk, it looks like all variations of the SDA2, beit the original 2's, the 2a's, or the 2b's, should've had the SL2000. But Polks website is known for omitting certain information, due to the fact that Polk was not real big on documenting all their model line changes. If the tweeters in the speakers in this thread are original, they must be an early run of SDA2's. Nothing wrong with that, just different.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • michael_w
    edited December 2005
    So they are just sort of early generation SDA 2's then? This starts to get confusing with so many unrecorded changes :p