Rm 6600

freid
freid Posts: 24
edited July 2002 in Speakers
I do not see much talk of the RM 6600 series speakers. Should I take that there are no issues regarding this system and that users are really happy with their purchase? Or, this is not a system to touch.

Could anyone please shed some light?
Post edited by freid on

Comments

• dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited July 2002
    listen to em
    i have the RM7500, no complaints
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2002
    The 6600 is a very nice package.
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2002
    I think It's a very nice pakage also. Great sub/sat system.

I just think that many people on the forum don't give a darn about size, but are looking for absolute sound quality.- Which leads us away from Satellite speakers- Since their main benifit is size.
  • freid
    edited July 2002
    Thanks for your response. In terms of sound quality, is the RM6600 the type of system that one can consider to provide a good quality sound? I saw in guitarhead's response he made the distinction that people either go for good sound quality or they would go for the size. Or am I misreading him altogether.

I am very new to the HT scene and I greatly appreciate the advice of experience.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2002
    When I demo the RM6600 at the store where I work, people always go "Wow! That sound is coming from those little speakers?" It sounds good. However if you were to just play the speakers and no sub, and compared it to a normal bookshelf or a tower speaker, you would hear a big difference in the sound. That's why people say things like 'They sound good for the size."
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2002
    I think you misread me a little bit,

I'm not trying to say that sub/sat systems sound bad (well some do), but rather I'm saying they don't sound AS good as bookshelf or tower speakers. I have no quarrels with the 6600, 7200, or 7600. But for the price I'd rather have RTi28's all around with a CSi30 center. To be honest, I think the 6000 system blows, and the 6200 isn't fabulous, but I'd own the 6600 without complaints.
  • freid
    edited July 2002
    Thanks for your responses. I think you have convinced me I should go with a RM6600 system. I will be connecting it to a Denon 2802. Will let you know how I like it when the system arrives.
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited July 2002
    I love the 2802; so much cleaner and feature friendlier than my previous receiever (Sony).