Atriums

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I have seen them on sale on the internet and on ebay....Has anyone out there actually seen and heard them? Specifically the 45's.

Troy
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I'm ready, I was just eye-ballin' em at Crutchfield. May just have to order a pair and demo at home.

Big concern outside is lack of low end, I wonder how they stand up, being as small as they are. I have been trying to convince the wife that a in-wall sub, through the siding in the garage, for the patio is a necessity, but all I am getting so far is bad looks.....

She really doesnt care about the sub, just me cuttin' a hole in the wall of her new abode.

If anyone has heard em, lets us know your thoughts, and what music and gear you used for your demo.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    an in-wall sub...never thought about that. Actually, I am pretty lucky, my sub is adjacent to the window on the deck so no worries there....

I am sure that they sound good (anything would be an improvement over what I have) but just wondering really if the 55's are worth the extra wampum.......decisions, decisions...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Options
    From what I've heard around here, they sound pretty surprisingly good. The build is really quality, they weigh a ton each, and they can fill a fairly large area with good sound. Greg is going to put some on his patio soon (but he hasn't yet, so I can't find out how they sound outside) and a bunch of them have been installed in a couple of restaurants on the MD eastern shore, but I haven't heard back from that guy yet. Soon as I do, I'll post.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney