new system

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Today I completed my bedroom system. I got the RT55's, as I had mentioned before, and then picked up a pair of Sanus stands. This afternoon I received my amp and preamp, thanks largely to George and Joe, The Sequel. Since Joe is now a headphone freak, he sold me his Carver C-2 preamp and Yamaha M-50 amp for the same price that George had sold it to him. My souce is still my "trusty" Sony CA80ES CD player. Anyway, take a look. Once I get some critical listening in this evening (and weekend), I'll post my findings.

Aaron

system.jpg
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited September 2001
    Options
    DUDE!
    Make your bed!
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Options
    My RT55i' sound great with my Carver M1.0t pushing them. When I get them broke in, I'm sure they'll come alive even more. Can't wait to find some AQ cables!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hey, go easy on Aaron, he thinks the whole 'refugee fleeing my homeland' motif works well for him.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Is that a wrench on the bed?? I hear some women find that a big turn on...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    Options
    An ADJUSTABLE wrench at that. Prepared for women of all sizes. Wrench still looks like it has the packing oil on it (or is that lubricant of another nature?).

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited September 2001
    Options
    He does understand the different between a wrench and wench right? You dont suppose...EWWW!!!!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ....are the results of his 'speaker cooling' study.

Notice how he carefully placed a high-tech, goverment issue, 1000BTU a/c unit behind the left speaker, and not the right.

Are cool speakers happy speakers? We shall soon find out......

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I bet Micah has some socks that he would let you have, unless you are a **** or some thing like that.

Troy
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

Notice how he carefully placed a high-tech, goverment issue, 1000BTU a/c unit behind the left speaker, and not the right.

Cheers,
    Russ

Come on, give him a little credit. That AC has got to be at least a quarter ton!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    He doesn't really need it. Damn kid is so cool, when he comes to visit I have to put a light jacket on.

• Aaron
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Man, I totally missed all these replies! I'm getting my **** kicked around here! Hang on, let me think of some come backs....

Aaron
  • Aaron
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Russ: sounds like you watched Mrs. Doubtfire last night

George, Troy, jdelan: the wrench was for the flexy rack, NOT for my (or someone else's) personal pleasure! Besides, Micah tells me there are much better things to use than wrenches.

Russ: the speaker cooling theory basically revolves around the idea that cooler speaker is in fact a happy speaker, as you indicate. Why, you ask? Well, it's really quite simple, you see. By keeping the temperature of the crossover network cooler, you reduce the ill-effects of heat on the system. Additionally you are cooling the tweeter so you have less of a chance of blowing it out at high volume levels. The purpose of the AC on the left speaker only is for testing purposes. I send a mono signal into the speakers and then compare the cool speaker to the uncool one. It's really just basic science. :D

Aaron
  • TroyD
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ......that in the absence of chloroform; blunt object trauma to the head is pretty effective. Now we know what the wrench is for.
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I think his "nuts" are probably too tight already. He does have a rather high pitched voice.