Anthem Amp2 Special Edition for sale

Emlyn
Emlyn Posts: 4,346
edited October 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've decided to try something different again. I bought an Anthem Amp2 SE used a few months ago and have been very pleased with it's level of detail and smoothness.

Amp2 Information

This is a hybrid tube/solid state amplifier, with two Brimar 6922 tubes in the input stage and a solid state output stage creating 200 watts/channel to 8 ohm loads. Can bridged to 600 watts output. Mine is black. The SE version has upgraded parts, wiring, tubes, and WBT style binding posts the original did not have. Original box included. Cosmetically perfect. I'm not sure if this one had an LED indicator in the front panel to show power is on, but if there was one it's not working now. Otherwise in perfect working order.

EDIT: Now available for sale at $800 shipped in the continental U.S. Qualification requirement is that the buyer has been a contributing Club Polk member for at least three months.
Post edited by Emlyn on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2005
    Nice amp, Mark. I really like the sound of my hybrid amp (after I got it in the right mix of gear.)

Here is a link to the manual for the Anthem. It does have a power on LED, which is an easy fix if not working.

ND13 has been looking for something like this, although not local.

Good luck with your sale.
  • millenniumrx2
    millenniumrx2 Posts: 52
    edited October 2005
    interested if willing to ship to dallas,tx
    classe ssp-25,parasound 2205a,hk tl8600,samsung hd-dvd,lsi15,infinity hps-1000
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited October 2005
    im very interested and i will pick it up if i decide to buy it. did you buy it used from upscale audio?
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • Emlyn
    edited October 2005
    im very interested and i will pick it up if i decide to buy it. did you buy it used from upscale audio?

Thanks. I'll mark it dibs for a local sale.

I'm the second owner. It apparently came from a dealer in San Diego, bought by a dentist who later moved to Seattle. It was on Audiogon and Ebay when I bought it together with an Anthem Pre-2L SE preamp. The seller wasn't using it and wanted some extra cash to take someone on a vacation to Greece with.

I subsequently moved up to another Line 3 preamp for more five times the price of the Pre-2L, but not 5 times the performance. The Line 3 works best through its balanced outputs because the signal gain is higher that way, so I'll probably go with a balanced amp. Strange how these things work out. :o
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2005
    I've dealt with Emlyn several times and his equipment is alway in top notch condition. You can't go wrong with any of his equipment.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2005
    Emlyn wrote:
    ......so I'll probably go with a balanced amp. Strange how these things work out. :o

You want the Rotel back?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited October 2005
    Emlyn is a good seller. Bought the Denon 3803 from him.
  • Emlyn
    edited October 2005
    SCompRacer wrote:
    You want the Rotel back?

Great amp, but overkill for the Spendors. :)

William had to drop out because some unexpected things came up. So, the Anthem is now available for shipping if a loyal Club Polk member wants it. Price is $800 shipped in the Continental U.S. If no sale here, I'll probably keep it around myself.

Preference given to those who have been Club Polk members for at least three months.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2005
    Emlyn wrote:
    Great amp, but overkill for the Spendors. :)
    OK. The reason I asked is it will probably go up for sale soon. I got my tube amp and it sounds great. I wanted to compare them with the tube pre but that could be over a month away.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *