Nevo SL for Sale - New, In Box unopened

2»

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2005
    A word search for "GET LOST" does return 138 threads in the flea market forum alone. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    "Elitists"? :confused:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2005
    Ive put my time in here and feel compelled to respond... I agree with "our" rules, But not everyone new knows them... I recently signed up on another type forum and everyone has talked to me and been respectful,, Its not a audio forum either but a boating forum to learn some stuff about boats and crap... anyways, at first glance we tend to act like a close nit group who's unaproachable by new people... It does reflect bad on the polk name and the forum in general. All this crap about "we are protecting ourselves" We as long timers don't buy from new people period!! So what's to warn, if someone who is not seasoned spends 650 bucks from a newbie.. he's alittle crazy anyways.. We really need to stop chaseing people off, the NON hardcore newbies disappear sooner or later anyways.. RIGHT? I have no opinion on this thread but as a forum and member here we need to change our attitudes... Notice when ever i speak about this i always say WE, not you guys, not the core members... ALL of us
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited September 2005
    Do you think it is possible for Justin to make it where only people with a post count higher than a certain number can create threads in the Flea Market? That would make it better for all of us and them. MAKE them assimilate before peddling their wares
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited September 2005
    Sure its possible, but I would prefer that instead of that, just let me be the moderator of the FM thread so I can just delete the BS. :D

I promise that I wouldn't buy all the good stuff. :rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2005
    Sure its possible, but I would prefer that instead of that, just let me be the moderator of the FM thread so I can just delete the BS. :D

I promise that I wouldn't buy all the good stuff. :rolleyes:

ROFL
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    michael_w wrote:
    Anyone else getting a little annoyed at how many people get instantly flammed? I know this tends to happen a lot with new members but c'mon give them a chance to redeem themselves with more than one mistake on the first post. We have shunned away so many potential friends and members because of the lack of tolerance towards stuff like this. Sorry guys but I'm not goin with the crowd on this one.

Way to go! Someone really needs to say that! I agree 100%. When I look at how many new people are scorned and run off, I wonder how in the world I ever made it here this long. I think we definitely need to change our ways about the FM. Sure, we don't like people who join just sell. Sure, we don't want people like that on the forums. However, sometimes it's just a coincidence that someone's first post may be a sale. It's not a given that he won't become a hardcore member and offer lots of information to the forum.

I for one am very disappointed that we now will not enjoy MerLuv's membership.

If you're reading, MerLuv - sorry 'bout the whole mess.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited September 2005
    Well put FASTER...I couldn't agree more.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    Way to go! Someone really needs to say that! I agree 100%. When I look at how many new people are scorned and run off, I wonder how in the world I ever made it here this long. I think we definitely need to change our ways about the FM. Sure, we don't like people who join just sell. Sure, we don't want people like that on the forums. However, sometimes it's just a coincidence that someone's first post may be a sale. It's not a given that he won't become a hardcore member and offer lots of information to the forum.

I've been thinking about this thread for a while and the response quoted above pretty much sums up my thoughts. I should have added more to my only response to merluv.

Yes, I want "new" people here. I want to talk with those who share the same hobby. I want to see what others are selling. But sometimes a first time poster selling something can come accross as aggressive and give off the wrong vibe whether or not this is truely the case.

We were all new once. For me, as I read and posted on the forum as a newbie, I learned "the way" around here. It took me two years until I sold my first thing at CP. Maybe if I did not take the time to engage in the forum dialogue and just posted a sale as a 1st post things would have been different. But I am glad with the way things turned out here for me as this truely is a great forum, with a lot of really knowledgeable and freindly people here.

Maybe it was coincidence that merluv's 1st post was in the flea-market and maybe he will be (or would have) a regular poster or not. We don't know... but I hope he will take the time to hang around, at least for a little while just to see how great this place is for audio hobbyists..
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • ledhed
    edited September 2005
    This is why I think someone should at least have around 20 or so posts to start a new thread in the Flea Market-If their 20 posts are just there to get a post count-Flame on. But, if they contributed and seeked help and actually showed they were interested in the forum-there would be no problems
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2005
    Merluv seemed to be a wealth of information and may have become one of the regulars. If I had my druthers, I'd like him to stick around. It's a great forum, he could have been a great addition.
    I see it from both sides.
    From his perspective, he was just passing along a good deal right off the bat and got torn to shreds for no reason other than people throwing around cybermight.
    The other side, it sounded like a line. "I won two, and I'm selling one" in his first post. Where do you usually win two of something? I know it happens, but not commonly. Usually, a scam starts off like that..it set off many red flags. Also, as a forum, we've been burned several times! Some had an understandable kneejerk reaction to a seeming threat and directed the appropriate thoughts from their perspective. We at ClubPolk are pretty protective. Maybe it was a brash reaction, but it wasn't done with a intent to scare away someone just because they're new. It was done because some of us are rightfully gunshy and this called itself out as a possible threat.
    I'd love to see Merluv step back in, but I'm also glad we're protective of our own. My feet are planted firmly on the fence!! :D
    I don't think we should monitor post count and make that a requirement, but I do think a little text warning in an appropriate place is a great strategy.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited September 2005
    I agree that newbies should be treated with less attacks, but you gotta understand how the FM works. This FM offers Zero protection for buyers other than those offered by the core members on patrol. If Polk isn't willing to set rules or guidelines, which they have never done, then we are left to protect the FM ourselves. When no written guidelines exist in a society, strong arm tactics are the rule. Such is CP Fleamarket in a nutshell.

20 posts in a week doesn't create a history guys. The FM is a safe place to trade simply because those that trade have built up a history of good buying and then are trusted to sell. This isn't always the case, but is another of those unwritten rules. Members with hundreds and thousands of post have screwed others here on FM deals and were subsequently run off, as they should have been. We have over 32,300 members, but less than 100 that post, and trade regularly. Why trust the other 32,200?

If you want newbies to be free to sell, then be the first to post a response and buy it immediately each time a newby shows up. Don't allow the grumpy guys a chance. I doubt that will ever happen.

It takes time, not posts count to develop trust.

My .02,

DG

• Dennis Gardner
    edited September 2005
    1.A wealth of info would have shared his info, not enriched his pocket.

2.Passing along a good deal isn't 25% off with no warranty. it takes more than this to get me to give up more than $600.

3. I agree, a text warning is appropriate, but why has CP never done it?

I watched the same issue come to a head a couple months ago over at AK. They had a free market just as this is and tons of dropins started posting sales, taking profits, and never coming back. It simply got out of control, so AK leaders put in a paid forum, and few if any sales are transacted now. It has got to be down by 95% or more. People simply want to take advantage of a good deal, buyers and sellers.

Be careful how you fix what might not be broken, just bent a little. The FM could disappear totally and sales be forbidden.................

• Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2005
    Be careful how you fix what might not be broken, just bent a little. The FM could disappear totally and sales be forbidden.................

Very, very good point..
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • ledhed
    edited September 2005
    After some thinking, I say we just leave it the way it is. If the person really does want to stick around, you think they would lurk in the background a bit and discover what has happened to other first post sellers.
  • jwienand
    jwienand Posts: 80
    edited September 2005

Still very much a newbe myself, but agree 100% with this.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2005
    Excellent points Dennis.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    I would disagree with preventing newbs from selling their stuff.... My monitor 10's came from a one-post seller, and I got a good deal on some great speakers...

It should be a given... BUYER BEWARE. It's up to you to decide whether you should buy from a person or not. In my case, I drove to pick up the speakers, could demo them ahead of time, and brought my dad along incase the guy was shady...

Turned out it was a great transaction and the seller just didn't have a use for them in his apartment...

I think the bigger problem with this particular item, is that the guy WON it, and was trying to sell for $600. While it may be worth more than $600... you're making $600 of PURE PROFIT. The Flea Market is for giving polkies a good deal... Not asking you to GIVE it away, but $250-300 would've been more reasonable. It you want to make more than that, eBay is a great option.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited September 2005
    nadams wrote:
    I think the bigger problem with this particular item, is that the guy WON it, and was trying to sell for $600. While it may be worth more than $600... you're making $600 of PURE PROFIT. The Flea Market is for giving polkies a good deal.

.................... :) Totally agree on this point.
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    How many of you lamenting about how a new seller got run off have lost money on a deal from the Club Polk Flea Market? (notice how I did not use the term new "poster"? - He wasn't here to post...he was here to sell). There is a reason you haven't, and it is exactly what you are fussing about. There have been a couple of bad deals go down over the years but they few and far between. Those who have been here for a long time and have built this place up have pride in the forum and view buying and selling in the FM a unique function of THIS forum. The ones that are the bigest critics of suspicious sellers have put the most really good deals through the FM. They have given up big returns in favor of giving the rest of you a sweet deal. Better to flame than to allow crap to happen. The FM is just fine....don't F with it!

As far as running mr. sales rep off...had he come in here and joined in a few discussions in a civil, non condecending way (as most of YOU did) he could have become a nice member. Do new members take some crap? Yep...here, there everywhere...its part of being new. Lots of folks come here thinking they are going to jump in discussions, throw their audio (or whatever) knowledge around and wow us that have not been fortunate have benefit of it till now. They are taken to task...as they should be. As with any social group (and this is one) new members are accepted based on learning the rules. In order to stay they must adapt and become part of the group. As the group grows the rules evolve. That's just life.

BTW I refuse to use the "N" word for people new to the forum. It is a stupid word that should be banned.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited September 2005
    I like the flea market as it is and how people watch out for people but please just let new people know what they are doing wrong in a nice way. Set them straight but there is no reason to be mean or cold about it. I know Mark and some others have been ripped off but that is no excuse to be mean to someone you don't even know.

Have a good night people, and murluv try not to let the harsh welcome keep you from staying on this forum.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2005
    Good grief,, I thought this was a NEMO post until I put my glasses on,could not understand why so many posts :eek: Being relatively new, I have made 5 or 6 purchases via the flea market and have had very positive experiences each time, never been ripped off (here) :) Its a great place , thanks to all of you Now for my yearly eye exam :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    nadams wrote:

I think the bigger problem with this particular item, is that the guy WON it, and was trying to sell for $600. While it may be worth more than $600... you're making $600 of PURE PROFIT. The Flea Market is for giving polkies a good deal... Not asking you to GIVE it away, but $250-300 would've been more reasonable. It you want to make more than that, eBay is a great option.

Sorry if what I posted was seen as a flame. I saw this listing and was just taken aback by the item and the price. As you read my post, it never said anything about how many post or him being a newbie, it was the item and the price that irked me and that was all.

Noah, your wise beyond your years. Good post. That was my whole meaning in a nutshell.

Mervluv, don't feel like the lone ranger, because you aren't the first and you won't be the last to try and sell here on the first post and receive these kinds of replies. Get over it. Think about if you were in our shoes. What would you do, huh? Don't come back with, "Well I would have been more accepting of someone, that noone here knows, trying to sell a $650 remote that they WON".

I think that if you were to stick around a while, you would see the GREATEST FORUMS on the internet.

Oh, and I'm still an Elitist :p:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2005
    i have never herd of this brand. one problem is thiscompany might not last and you will end up with a paper wait like my hk tc 1000. i hope your sale goes well
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    The Forum is a place that other forum members pass good deals on to each other..

It is not a free advertising or selling board for people in the "industry" to make sales..

if your sole purpose in this forum is to peddle your wares...kick rocks..!!

doesn`t matter how many posts you have..

Club Polk is not a free sales outpost for people in the "industry"..

and selling remotes does not qualify one as being in the industry anyway...

sounds like he has posted on all the forums he could find, and got the same response more than once..

I say pay your fees and sell your crap, what ever it may be , in the appropriate places
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    One last thing and I'm through with this topic. I have no problem with first time posters/sellers coming here if they are trying to sell Polk products. What BETTER place to sell something Polk than a site dedicated to the brand where people appreciate what you have? In most every instance where this has occurred the individual is treated well and if they are way out of line have been told so without the flames.

IMO mr sales rep wasn't here to enrich the forum...he was here to turn a buck. Anyone that feels he was terribly wronged and wants to interact with him can send him an email...he posted it. I'm out.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • first capital
    first capital Posts: 100
    edited September 2005
    I don't believe that a seller with limited posting should be talked down to because they put something up for sale. No one forces anyone to buy from them. Reminds me of the saying that if you can’t say something positive about a person don’t say anything!

Using post counts as a marker of a persons fitness to sell or buy doesn’t make sense to me either. Some people just use the site to learn and enjoy the comments in the Clubhouse, not to chat. I joined back on 10-26-2001 and had about 100 posts originally. I had other priorities for a while, forgot my old pass word and rejoined under a new name. Does my having less than 10 postings meen that I shouldn’t put any thing in the flea market if I wanted to?
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2005
    Wow.....you people are freaks....(love ya anyway)....

No one should feel entitled to valuate someone elses property. The fact that he got it as a prize doesn't diminish the fact that in the real world, 25% off is a pretty good chunk on something. And I'm not wanting to point fingers for the sake of anything other than giving an example, but Fireshoes won stuff as well and put it up for about (i think) the same retail discounted rate, but (and i know he's been around a while) no one jumped his **** like this....

I bought 23 pairs of LSi7's and chose to (for most of them) sell them at a profit on Ebay and later here. Fault me for that all you want, but don't expect me to give a **** whether or not you approve of my sales.

Even if people do have things for sale that they post, that doesn't mean they have nothing else to offer in the way of input (as demonstrated here). I can't honestly think that I have the ability of sitting here at my computer and KNOWING what someone elses intentions are on the other side of the country, just because of a faux pas they made unintentionally. Just give them a heads up on the workings of the FM (CORDIALLY), and move on.....

Bottom line, if you aren't wanting to buy something that's up for sale, don't buy it.......but don't demean the other person to the point that the message taken away is they're a worthless piece of **** for having something for sale. I hope he stays around and posts personally.....

Play nice kids.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.