For Mantis

Options
GuitarheadCA
GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
edited June 2002 in Speakers
Mantis,

Just Curious, But while demoing the LSi's you were referring to a Lorenna Mckinnet CD. Which album is this? I threw on "The Book of Secrets" the other night, and listened to the entire CD without getting up. The imaging was superb and the instrumentation of the songs was awesome. Not to mention the incredible tonality of her voice.

Thanks,
GuitarheadCA
Post edited by GuitarheadCA on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    GuitarheadCa,
    Lorenna Mckinnitt is beautiful.I love her voice."The Book Of Secrets" is one of her Cd's I like to Demo with."The Mask &Mirror" is the Cd I ran on the LSI's,I also ran Songs from "The Book Of Secrets".
    If your into her you should get "The Mask & Mirrror" awesome cd.
    She can make or break a speaker, the LSI passed the Lorenna test with grace,female voice on those babies is about as good as It gets in that price class.The Dynaudio's come across about the same with female voice.If I had to choose one speaker for female.....Lorenna's voice,Id be completely sadisfied with both speakers.They are about the same there.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • GuitarheadCA
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'll probably go get that album. I agree about the whole female voice thing. Although it's a slightly different genre, I also enjoy Sarah McLachlan's music as well. I think her voice has a beautiful tonality also.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Shes good.Female voice is In my opnion is the most soothing.I can listen for hours.
    Anytime man anytime.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • GuitarheadCA
    edited June 2002
    Options
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Cowboy Junkies is pretty good too !
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds