Rt2000P speaker set for sale

emcclary
emcclary Posts: 29
edited September 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a mint pair of the RT2000P's which have been used for less than 100 hours. I also have a mint Infinity HPS-1000 1000 watt powered subwoofer for sale. Buyers must pay all shipping charges and I can provide pictures upon request. Looking for $525 for the Rt2000P and $600 for the sub shipped to the continental US. I have redone my home theater and these items must go. check my ebay id emcclary for my feedback rating if you are sceptical about my intentions
HT Setup
Rec B&k AVR307 w/updated software and hardware
DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
CD Nakamichi MB3S
2 Monster HTS3600
Sony KF-60XBR800 LCD Proj
Mains Def Tech BP7004
CLR Def Tech 2500
Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
Rears Def Tech BPVX
Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
Rec Sony STR DE197 (2 Chan)
Cd Nakamichi MB3S CD (Yes I have two of them)
Speakers Paradigm Stylus 350's
Post edited by emcclary on

Comments

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited September 2005
    emcclary wrote:
    I have a mint pair of the RT2000P's which have been used for less than 100 hours. I also have a mint Infinity HPS-1000 1000 watt powered subwoofer for sale. Buyers must pay all shipping charges and I can provide pictures upon request. Looking for $750 for either or make me an offer. I have redone my home theater and these items must go. check my ebay id emcclary for my feedback rating which is 100%
    Let the flames begin :D ebay-em
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited September 2005
    emcclary wrote:
    I have a mint pair of the RT2000P's which have been used for less than 100 hours. I also have a mint Infinity HPS-1000 1000 watt powered subwoofer for sale. Buyers must pay all shipping charges and I can provide pictures upon request. Looking for $750 for either or make me an offer. I have redone my home theater and these items must go. check my ebay id emcclary for my feedback rating which is 100%

Thanks for joining the forum just to sell some goods. That's what we are here for :rolleyes: . If you have such a good rating on e-bay I'd suggest you sell it there.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2005
    :confused: Some People just don't get it
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2005
    NO, some people don't know the hundreds of unwrittem rules here on polk..
    Give a newbie the benifit of the doubt and clue him/her in instead of all the redderick.. and then if they don't get it, let em know how it is.. :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • george daniel
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, I guess you're right,, we were all "newbies" once :cool:
  • Jim Wy
    Jim Wy Posts: 64
    edited September 2005
    NO, some people don't know the hundreds of unwrittem rules here on polk..

The last time I checked, he had joined today. I joined 6 months ago. Doesn't say anywhere above in his post that he's also E-baying them now. Do you have any idea the number of times I've seen "If anybody wants them great, if not they're off to the bay" Nowhere in the forum "Rules" does it say you can't also sell somewhere else too.

BTW emclary... welcome to Polk :-)

Jim
    TV-_______Panasonic 50DL54
    Receiver-__H/K AVR 330
    Speakers-__RTi28s
    Center-____CS245
    Sub-______PSW10 (x2)
    Surrounds-_FX300i's
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    i just love it when this happens. :D
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited September 2005
    aaharvel wrote:
    i just love it when this happens. :D

Drama queen :p
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    Jim Wy wrote:
    The last time I checked, he had joined today. I joined 6 months ago. Doesn't say anywhere above in his post that he's also E-baying them now. Do you have any idea the number of times I've seen "If anybody wants them great, if not they're off to the bay" Nowhere in the forum "Rules" does it say you can't also sell somewhere else too.

BTW emclary... welcome to Polk :-)

Jim

Ok I stand corrected....but I guarantee if it was Russ, or Mark or Jesse or any other long established memeber they would have said the same thing and gotten no flack for it. That's how newbies learn around here, like it or not. :rolleyes:

No there are no written rules on the forum, just common sense and if you can't take it....I say shove off or stick around awhile and learn the preferred way to interact. That was my only point.

Also emcclery, set a price like you did, but don't ask for offers...we don't bid against each other here. That's not written anywhere, but it seems to be common knowledge. If my post made you feel unwelcome....I apologize.

Welcome and I hope you continue to be a valueable contributor to CP.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Emcclery, we frown upon folks who join up and first thing they do is want to sell something. But you are doing it the right way. Post some pics, you have set a price OBO. Do you have the original boxes and manuals?

H9, OBO isn't a bidding war. If he get's his price, cool. If he doesn't and takes the next best offer, that's on him.

Welcome to the dog pound...
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    amulford wrote:
    H9, OBO isn't a bidding war. If he get's his price, cool. If he doesn't and takes the next best offer, that's on him.

Thanks for pointing that out I guess I mis-read it originally, my bad. It just seems shady to try to sell something right when you sign-up and on your first post....yada yada yada.

Good luck with the sale emcclary maybe you'll get a taker.

H9
  • faster100
    edited September 2005
    It may not be what we like around here, and "WE" rarely buy anything from newbies who do this anyways.... with that said, How is it shady that someone has polks.... Thinks hey what better place to sell polks then on a polk forum with polk lovers... I'm not sticking up for him but ive been here for a number of years and this is how it plays out, Had he asked to sell SRS's or large SDA's we wouldn't question him at all... Pm's would be flying to make a deal.. Lets stop convicting people before they committ a fraud.. It's like all the e-bay links that say, IS this a scam? Try trusting someone for once. not directed at anybody just a general statement
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    faster100 wrote:
    It may not be what we like around here, and "WE" rarely buy anything from newbies who do this anyways.... with that said, How is it shady that someone has polks.... Thinks hey what better place to sell polks then on a polk forum with polk lovers... I'm not sticking up for him but ive been here for a number of years and this is how it plays out, Had he asked to sell SRS's or large SDA's we wouldn't question him at all... Pm's would be flying to make a deal.. Lets stop convicting people before they committ a fraud.. It's like all the e-bay links that say, IS this a scam? Try trusting someone for once. not directed at anybody just a general statement

Show me one link in the past where someone joins...posts Polk products for sale, sells them and we all live happily ever after. Not to mention your jumping to conclusions about me convicting anyone or suggesting he's commiting fraud. I trust anybody in here who has been a contributor and has other references within the group. Sorry, but in my eyes you have to earn a little bit of trust. You are right he's more than welcome to do it the way he has. But I have the right to question his method and his motives. You don't agree with my POV, that's fine, that's your right also.

H9
  • faster100
    edited September 2005
    That's my point, I never said we even buy newbies stuff so what does it matter... we state the rules and move on.. N0t say , Oh here we go again...Or oh wait till Russ or troy see's this or what not.. Or your pulling a scam, Thanks for coming to our site to peddle your stuff.. I'm just saying a simple hey around here we have secret unwrittem rules that only we know about and we don't wanna let the secret out so get lost chump and sell it on e-bay... :D Just kidding, this is a losing battle and ive got a cold and feel like ****.. I'm going to bed.. Good luck with the thread ;)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    I agree faster100 it is a losing thread and I'm actually feeling bad because such a big deal has been made....and I started it with one little sentence. It was not my intention to BLOW this thing up. It's really not any of my concern since I'm not interested in buying what's being offered.

I've said/written more than intended. Good luck with the sale and don't let our debate scare you away.

H9
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited September 2005
    Polksters,

I have to agree with faster, a couple of months ago someone joined the forum and right away had some SDA's for sale. That person was not blasted or frowned upon but got alot more responses than members who have beed around for awhile and not a peep from the gallery. I don't ever want to be scamed or taken advantage of but let's be fair, if we frown on newbies selling their stuff here than let it be for everything including those who have SDA's for sale. Just my 2 cents, not directed at anybody or meant to get anyone mad.

CRj ;)
  • emcclary
    edited September 2005
    All the replys are Ok with me good or bad. I came here figuring that the people in the forum would be most interested in the Polk speakers I am getting rid of. Neither of theses items is for sale on ebay. I really would prefer to sell them locally as they are quite heavy and I certainly dont want them damaged in shipping. Flame away if necessary it doesnt bother me I am just looking to help someone out who may need some items to finish their system out.
    HT Setup
    DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
    VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
    CD Nakamichi MB3S
    2 Monster HTS3600
    Mains Def Tech BP7004
    CLR Def Tech 2500
    Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
    Rears Def Tech BPVX
    Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
  • george daniel
    edited September 2005
    Good attitude--welcome :)
  • rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited September 2005
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Sounds like we have a newbie that not only can take it on the chin, but also respects the elders of the court, so to speak. :p

Welcome to CP and good luck in selling your gear. :)

One small bit of advice, though. Just price it at what it's going to take for someone to take it home with them. ;)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • emcclary
    edited September 2005
    Aw hell if anyone wants the speakers from the forum i'll sell them for $525 shipped UPS ground anywhere in the continental US. If not fine you guys seem like your real "Audio Buffs" and I like that. Its been a while since I've listened to serious stereo banter. I'll lower the price of the sub to $600.00 Shipped as well if anyone is interested "Let the music Play!"
    HT Setup
    DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
    VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
    CD Nakamichi MB3S
    2 Monster HTS3600
    Mains Def Tech BP7004
    CLR Def Tech 2500
    Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
    Rears Def Tech BPVX
    Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2005
    :eek: (and if I could make his mouth get bigger, I would). That is a very fair price for the speakers(especially shipped). If I had the $$$, and a place to put them(stupid corner fireplace that ruins all chances of decent audio), then I would want them.

Maybe my next house will be audio friendly.

edit: Let me also note that if a pair of nice SDA's were in the picture, I could accomodate them(maybe move my 500 lb bed or something.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    emclarry,

That's how to do it around here. Now, if there is a member with a need, you should have no problem selling them.
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    Way to weather the storm :)
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    heiney9 wrote:
    Way to weather the storm :)

Coming from the funnel cloud ;):D
  • heiney9
    edited September 2005
    ND13 wrote:
    Coming from the funnel cloud ;):D

Knock it off Noel....remember I'm your LZ hook-up ;):D:p . So I get bent out of shape once in a great while...what can I say I'm not perfect...damn close, but still not 100% perfect :eek:

H9
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2005
    *bump*

EM - That is a really good price on them RT's, there must be someone in N.J. that would benefit from this...and perhaps take a further discount on a local pickup....

Also edit your first post and put the new price in it. I was just browsing through and didn't see that you were offering these shipped for 525.00...
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited September 2005
    Also, your profile lists you as NJ. That state is pretty big. Where in NJ are you located?
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Damn, SOMEbody get these...

WTG...