4 ohm speakers that are bi-ampable, Can you wire to 8ohms? plusmore...

dark horror
dark horror Posts: 33
edited June 2002 in Speakers
If you were to run one channel, and wire the 2 connections in series(I think) would the reciever see 8 ohms. Would this do anything for a reciever that only handles 8 ohms?

I have this question because I have a Kenwood VR407 reciever, RT2000p, and FX500i and I have a LSiC in the mail. I got the LSiC for about $300, should I sell the LSiC, and get a RT400? The problem is that the only time I upgrade or buy new equiptment is when I find a great deal. I got my FX500i's for 280 shipped about 6 months ago, and my 2000p's were 800 shipped about 1.5 or 2 years ago.

Should I keep the LSiC untill I find a cheap RT400. Or look for a new reciever? I really don't want to spend any more money right now. If I got the LSiC, I could keep my eyes open for a good deal on the LSi90, and a sub.
Post edited by dark horror on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2002
    is your recever stable to push a 6 ohm load? and do you have a exeended warentee on it?

if it is yes for both then i would say just run that pupy but watch the heat of your recever it will all depend the reason is the more curent you push the hotter your amp gets aka the ohm load or do you have pre outs on your recever? pick up a cheap amp to drive your center ron-p got a nice amp for 110