FS: LSI15 Cherry

m-rorem
m-rorem Posts: 58
edited September 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
:D Listed here first!

One pair of LSI15's in (original version) Cherry Finish, purchased brand new from authorized dealer in December of last year. Speakers are in excellent condition and have used with very high quality electronics, in a kid free, smoke free, pet free environment. Speakers will be delivered in their original cartons, with manuals, and spikes.

Price: $900.00 (OBO) per pair, plus shipping. (will arrange for local pickup if preferred)

Please realize that I live in Alaska (99645) so shipping may be somewhat substansial.

Looking to downsize to a pair of LSI9's in (new finish) Cherry as I really don't need the larger towers.

Email for pictures, my ebay user ID is: mrorem

mrorem (907) 232-9755
Post edited by m-rorem on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2005
    Too bad I not in the market. Shipping would not be too bad. Good luck.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • akdan
    akdan Posts: 3
    edited September 2005
    Please email me at akdan@hotmail.com or dboyce@acsalaska.net re your lsi15's
    m-rorem wrote:
    :D Listed here first! I would be interested in purchasing.
    DAn

One pair of LSI15's in (original version) Cherry Finish, purchased brand new from authorized dealer in December of last year. Speakers are in excellent condition and have used with very high quality electronics, in a kid free, smoke free, pet free environment. Speakers will be delivered in their original cartons, with manuals, and spikes.

Price: $900.00 (OBO) per pair, plus shipping. (will arrange for local pickup if preferred)

Please realize that I live in Alaska (99645) so shipping may be somewhat substansial.

Looking to downsize to a pair of LSI9's in (new finish) Cherry as I really don't need the larger towers.

Email for pictures, my ebay user ID is: mrorem

mrorem (907) 232-9755
  • akdan
    edited September 2005
    Please contact me re your ls15's. I live in Fairbanks, so UPS can deliver to me here.
    Dan
  • akdan
    edited September 2005
    Please email pictures to dboyce@acsalaska.net
    Dan
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited September 2005
    wow, someone's obviously anxious... lol 3 posts, one every minute.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    akdan,

sent you an email to both addresses, hope you get a chance to read them.

Thanks for your interest....

mark
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    Bump

LSI15's still for sale, going to list them on Ebay tomorrow afternoon. Any bites?

Mark :confused:
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2005
    I'll trade you for some Lsi7's :) Please please please
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    Airplay355 wrote:
    I'll trade you for some Lsi7's :) Please please please

Almost tempting, but not really. Appreciate the reply none the less.

Thanks

Mark
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2005
    Nice system you have there, Mark!...Btw, from my experience, replacing the 15 with a 9 in the front, if you are into two channels at all, doesn't do the trick. Velo DD-15 and 9 don't give the same soundstage as a 15, by itself, would do. However, on HT use (movies), it's hardly noticeable.

Good luck with the sale, if you have the 15 in Ebony I might.......nah, not now :) (can't you tell I have a soft spot for a 15 much more than a 9)...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    www.ebay.com

www.audiogon.com

Couple of links that might come in handy.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    polkatese wrote:
    Nice system you have there, Mark!...Btw, from my experience, replacing the 15 with a 9 in the front, if you are into two channels at all, doesn't do the trick. Velo DD-15 and 9 don't give the same soundstage as a 15, by itself, would do. However, on HT use (movies), it's hardly noticeable.

Good luck with the sale, if you have the 15 in Ebony I might.......nah, not now :) (can't you tell I have a soft spot for a 15 much more than a 9)...

Thanks for the input polkatese, I actually assumed that the 9's would probably "blend" better with the Velo since they aren't going to have as much output below the crossover point, maybe I am wrong (woulnd't be the first time). I really don't do enjoy my 2-channel listening, but haven't actually tried using the 15's by themselves, maybe I ought to. I find the Velodyne to be such a "musical" sub (especially in comparison with the SVS PB12plus/2 it replaced) that I assumed that it would produce better bass and allow the 15's to be free to produce the soundstage.

Any other insight into this?

Mark
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited September 2005
    I can't comment on SVS, since I haven't heard how it performs on two channels. Mid-bass is where it usually gives me the chill on music, and 9 just doesn't do it. As musical a DD-15 is, it doesn't blend as well as a REL sub. 15 weakness is in the mid-bass/sub-bass region, it's a bit sloppy, and it's not as tight as I like it to be. I paired my 15 with a REL Storm, to tighten the low-end, and the result is very satisfying (www.rel.net) or (www.sumikoaudio.net for US distributor). I am keeping DD-15 for HT and SACD/DVD-A multichannels (mainly in the Jazz setting, since most of my collection is jazz), and have the 15 with REL for two channels, at least for the time being.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    Thanks to all that gave their input, and thanks again to AKDAN this is my second transaction with him he is a super buyer! Highly recommened!

mrorem
  • m-rorem
    edited September 2005
    Thanks again, transaction complete :D