Micah was right. Cool movie!

Options
Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I checked out Memento over the weekend. What a great movie! You really do have to pay attention to it though. You get up to go get something and leave it run, you miss a significant chunk.

As Micah said...PAY ATTENTION! It's really cool though.

For those who have seen it...did I tell you about my condition?

John
No excuses!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Well, at least you spelled it right, John...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Yeah, sorry about misspelling this one all the time. I was just about to go back and edit all my posts, but what the hey.

I watched it TWICE again this weekend. I still don't know what is REALLY going on! "I've done it," indeed.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ...And, of course I'm right. :D

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Strong Bad
    edited September 2001
    Options
    You better snap a polaroid of this message string. It's not often that I say you were right. Better yet, get a tattoo, ;)

Sammy Jenkis
    No excuses!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Remember Sammy Jenkis.

(I love threads filled with insider info!)
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I watched this movie twice in the weekend, I still don't know more than any of u do. I'm affraid to make any assumptions or
    conclusions. Aniwaiz, remember what Leonard said at the end of the movie : " now...where were I..." , geeese... what do u get us into Micah??? Let me go read the article u sent so I can learn
    a bit more... just like John said, if u wanna to watch this movie,
    go take a p*ss first, do whatever u wanna to do b4 u start, and u must apply one rule during the movie: no talking or conversation during the movie, just watch and PAY ATTENTION!!!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    Options
    "How can I heal, if I can't feel time?"

Here's the article again:

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/06/28/memento_analysis/index.html

"...even if it turns out that Nolan has cheated like a two-bit grifter in fashioning his story, 'Memento' remains an extraordinary achievement. Not only has he devised a film that challenges its audience, demanding the sort of attention and thought that Hollywood would never ask of viewers, but he has used his cleverness to stir up questions and feelings about the most basic issues of how we experience reality. In addition to being a puzzle, 'Memento' is a philosophical tragedy that considers issues the makers of 'Pearl Harbor' could never dream of."

Paul watched it this weekend, missed all the great hints, and then FORGOT to bring the DVD back for other people to watch it. Ironic, huh?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Strong Bad
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Remember Micah..."It's not nice to make fun of a man's disability!"

Actually, you might be able to capitalize on it. Tell Paul about the 20% raise he promised you last week. Don't forget about a set of RT3000p's he promised also.

The name is Leonard....not Lenny. I hate Lenny!

:D
    No excuses!
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2001
    Options
    This is one of the movie that you may not have any clue about the unexpected or what's going to happen, except in this one, things are going backward in time and in a series of flashbacks(these are the beauties of this movie), remember" The sixth senses","The unusual suspect" and what about the character that William Petersen played in the movie: "To live and die in LA"
  • Micah Cohen
    edited September 2001
    Options
    "Otnemem" definitely made me want to re-watch "6th Sense" and "The Usual Suspects." But it also put me in mind of noir mindbenders like "The Big Sleep" (Bogart).

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com