Carver?

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Has anyone seen or heard any of these new Carver products? What's the deal with this company? I thought they were out of business. Then there's also the Carver Professional company. What's up with them?

new Carver products

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Very interesting isn't it. I saw this receiver 8 months ago, it is a new product from Carver, I can't figure what the hell they are doing, this has got to be the quietest relaunch of a company I have ever seen, do they advertise this thing in any of the rags?

The speakers are another weird story, there was a posting on Ebay about a year ago or so for the "Proto-type of this speaker "bid on the pair BOB CARVER tweeked himself" and on and on. I was very interested because at that time I was trying to get a pair of the Carver Platinums like our friend George, I somehow got the number for the seller during the auction and called, I had already talked to this guy, it is the same guy who repairs the old Caver ribbons in Cape Coral, Florida, .. Anyway he says it is his son how is building this speaker and they are waiting for Bob himself to come and check them out, I said do you mean this is a project of you and your son's and Carver has not even seen or heard these, not to mention given you the ok to use the CARVER name, well the conversation ended soon after that. This link is the same guy.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    Options
    It IS a fairly quiet re-launch isn't it? The guy in Cape Coral sounds like a real zorch. Hope my Amazing's hold up forever so I never have to deal with him.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2001
    Options
    The cosmetics of that HT control unit look just like Sunfire's equipment.

Nice to see Bob Carver integrating some of the nice features from Sunfire into the Carver lineup. Plus, it looks as though he'll be keeping the Sonic Holography in the lineup. Now, if they can just keep the price down a little bit.

Interesting item that my local dealer, Soundscape, had mentioned a while back. They said the Carver/Polk setups were their most popular ever. They said people stocked up the Carver M series amps with the Polk SDA's and Monitors. I was and still am one of them.

John
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    Options
    No shortage of "M" and "TFM" series amps here.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

John, hows that job going? Get any yet?