Rotel RSP 1066 preamp

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited June 2002 in Electronics
Got one in today and its in stunning silver.
The back panel is exactly like the RSX1065 receiver.
The volume control has a blue light around it instead of a red one.The display is in blue as well.This might be the preamp Ive been waiting for,I need to test the **** out of it before I jump,but man I looks so nice in silver.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited June 2002
    Sounds like Parasounds new lineup of "Halo" products. Must be the new cosmetic style. I think black will allways be in style. I must say that the new silver/blue looks great though, but I would have to be prepared to buy everthing new just to keep the same look.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • mantis
    edited June 2002
    Agreed,
    All silver componets would look killer.I would want it that way.I would have to call Pioneer Elite and have them custom make me some Silver face plates for all the gear I own of theres.I'm sure they would love that as they are so proud of there shinny black finish.
    I just dream................
    Dan
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited June 2002
    Adcom tried to sell white faceplates a few years back, but had no luck in selling the look. Dealers had to mark down the price of the units below the black units. I think the cost of having all white was even an extra $50 per unit, because they had to actually bake the color on top of the black.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    I love my good 'ole silver-faced Carvers. I think I've seen one of those 'white' Adcoms on eBay fairly recently....looked kinda odd...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jmierzur
    jmierzur Posts: 489
    edited June 2002
    What are your initial impressions of the RSP-1066 unit? I am interested in mating this to my Rotel RB-980BX and RMB-1075 amps to create a 7.1 environment.
  • doctorg
    doctorg Posts: 29
    edited June 2002
    Mantis:

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Sony DA50ES to this pre-amp with the new 1095 amp, so please do post once you've had a chance to ring out.
    :lol:
    Skip
  • mantis
    edited June 2002
    Its the same preamp inside of the rsx1065 receiver.It sound really good.I haven't had time to listen to the rsp1066, we are extremely bussy.
    If your into Rotel this is the pre amp for you,its not loaded up with bells and whistles like flgship receivers are but the sound quality you get out of Rotel is amazing.There amps are so dynamic it's scary.
    I feel mating pre amps with the same brand amps mate perfect harmony.You can mismatch but you need to know exactly what your looking for when doing so.Sound changes alot between pre amps.
    Dan