Dynamat Xtreme bulk pack on sale

Emlyn
Emlyn Posts: 4,341
edited August 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Noticed a sale on the 36 square foot bulk of Dynamat Xtreme here for $139.95, compared to $249.95 retail:

thezeb.com

Oh, the possibilities... :D

Not sure how long the sale lasts. Free shipping, no tax too.
Post edited by Emlyn on

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    edited August 2005
    anonymouse wrote:
    I have always drooled over this stuff to put in my car, but been afraid of how much work it would be to install and what it would do to the car warranty. How difficult is it to cover an entire car? I have a lot of road noise.

If you can access metal panels (inside doors mainly) easily without tearing up your car, it's pretty easy and this kind doesn't add a lot of weight. Other more difficult access places I'd leave to a pro myself.

I wasn't thinking of using it on my car though. Got a lot of home audio uses for it. I have bought a single 4 square feet wedge pack of this stuff at Best Buy before and it cost about $40 with tax, which over time would add up to about $360 to get the same coverage as the bulk pack.

It's a little cheaper from some vendors on Epay, but with shipping from them turns out to be about the same as from The ZEB.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2005
    I was looking for vibration dampening myself a little while ago. While Dynamat may be the market leader (supposedly), it is really expensive. I looked for other options, for I also have many uses. I asked in the CA section and got some interesting answers.

I settled on a product called Fatmat. It is the same thickness and a fraction of the cost. I bought a 50 sq ft. pack for $59.99. I'll let you know how well it works.

Here's a link to the site.