Stands for the mon10's showed up.

Options
nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited August 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Too bad I couldn't find originals, but these 8" Wood Technology stands work pretty well. I purchased them from www.racksandstands.com . No complaints at all on the transaction.

Let there be pics (I'll be updating my showcase soon) :

tn_med_100_0124.jpg

tn_med_100_0125.jpg

tn_med_100_0126.jpg

tn_med_100_0128.jpg

First impressions- speakers are much less stable than before. I think these stands might be just a tad undersized for the 10's. However, they're not going to tip over at a stiff breeze, just if I rock them a little, they definately sway!

The sound change was immediately noticed. I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not, but it's different. Soundstage seems better composed, but I seem to have lost some of the bass that was there before. I'm guessing this is because less of the sound is going into the floor?

Hopefully I can get some more critical listening on tonight...
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You're right about them being undersized and it causing them to be somewhat unstable, which in turn, will cause a loss of bass.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2005
    Options
    They look pretty nice, I cant tell by the pics, the speaks look like they are they are plumb, the monitor stands had a 3 degree tilt front to back for poor man time alignment. Can you adjust the spikes to get this? Or is it there and I cant tell.

RT1
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    reeltrouble- Yes, they are plumb. I tried not **** the front spikes in all the way, but I couldn't seem to get them level corner-to-corner that way, and they _really_ wanted to rock then. I can back the front spikes out and try to get everything level front to back, but I wanted to get these set up and start listening. You know how it goes... detailed tweaks later :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Those look perfect for Monitor 7s, though.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    ND13- you can also get them in 12". I've personally never seen a pair of Monitor 7's, but they might work just as well w/ the 8" version shown here. These stands might be better with a way to add some weight to the bottom...

The price was right, though. $50 for the pair, shipped. I'm not gonna complain about them. I'm off... there is more tweaking to be done!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I have two sets of Wood Technology speaker stands: a set that is, I think, 8" with a slight backward tilt on the top which I used for my Monitor 7Cs; and a 20" pair with no tilt that I used to a pair of Monitor 5jr+. Mine aren't "wood" at all, however, just black. Both have spiked feet - everything, stands and feet, came from Crutchfield in the early 90s. They worked very well and have held up very well. Both have spent some time torn down and stored (little kids in the house), and went back together with no loss of stability.

The only mod I did was to add rubber pads to the top to keep the speakers from scooting.
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    burdette- these came with the rubber pads. Enough to put 4 on top of each, and 4 on the bottom of each (if you don't wish to use the included spikes).
    Ludicrous gibs!