Options
2»

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by landry_p2000
    Those RTi70s look great, Noel. Those will make an excellent 2-channel rig with a sub.

If I hook up another set of speakers to my current receiver on the "B" speaker terminals, would the sub play with them also. If so, that would be my option until I get a hold of more gear.

It should as long as you're not using speaker level inputs on the sub. If you're using the sub out from the receiver it should work.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yep. I am using sub out from my receiver. Good deal. This only for a little while until I set up my 2-channel rig.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Landry,
    I'm in town. I'm going to get a little rest, then give you a call. I drove straight through with one stop for gas. :cool:

The speaks rode nicely. Talk at ya soon.
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited July 2005
    Options
    ND13, What do you think of the Advent Prodigy Towers??? They were my first set of speakers along with a pair of Advent Lauriate Towers.
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Options
    nellis8166 wrote:
    ND13, What do you think of the Advent Prodigy Towers??? They were my first set of speakers along with a pair of Advent Lauriate Towers.

They're okay, but my least favorite of all the Advents I own or have owned. As usual with Advents, they take a decent amount of clean power to make them sound right. Not very efficient, though the Prodigy's are the most efficient "tower or floorstanding" Advent I've owned. They are good in the midbass and high end, but are lacking in the "deep" bass dept, though work very nice with a sub supplementing the bass. They would work very well in an all advent HT or a small room 2-channel rig. They're the only Advents that I still own that I would consider letting go.

I didn't have my Maestros at the house to take pics of, but I'm taking them home with me when my vacation is over, had them stored in the original boxes at my parents house.
    They sound great, imo. They employ a "dome" midrange, and are "one of" the only 3-way Advents ever made. I'll get pics of them when I get home and post them, they're sweet and have a pretty cabinet, with the solid pecan trim. I can't wait to get them hooked up to the AMC amp, I just picked up from Warlocks, and get my listen on :p .
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited July 2005
    Options
    My sentiments exactly ND13. My Advents lacked in the deep bass department, never ran them with a sub. Other than that they were a great speaker, I kind of wish I hadn't gotten rid of them.
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Noel. Thanks a million for the RTi70s. I have been playing music on them since I got home. Nice warm sound. I hate to say it, but I like these better for music than my RTi10s. It would probably be different if I had a stronger receiver. Future plans for my current set-up include a new receiver, sub, and cd mega changer. I may be able to run two systems from the same room. :cool:

Thanks again.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Noel. Thanks a million for the RTi70s. I have been playing music on them since I got home. Nice warm sound. I hate to say it, but I like these better for music than my RTi10s. It would probably be different if I had a stronger receiver. Future plans for my current set-up include a new receiver, sub, and cd mega changer. I may be able to run two systems from the same room. :cool:

Thanks again.

No problem, glad that you like them :) . I'll try to get away for a little while and get with you and Zach and go check out some gear and beer :cool: . I'll give you a call when I know when.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'm just now finding this thread (I think)

Jesus man, you got more speakers than Russ!:)
  • ND13
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Trubluluc has me beat by a long shot and that's with just his SDAs. When you add in the rest of his Polks, it's no contest.