SDA CRS/CRS+ stands?

Options
rwarden
rwarden Posts: 1
edited August 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I'm new to this forum. I've had a set of CRS+'s since 1989 but not fully realized what I had (ran w/o the IC for sometime...). After finding this forum, I'm set on keeping these speakers and I'm replacing one of the 6 1/2 drivers and thinking about the tweeter upgrade I've read about here. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a set of original stands for these? No luck on ebay. Thanks!

-rwarden
Post edited by rwarden on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You're in luck. www.adonacorporation.com

Yeah, what Mark says below.....he didn't tell me they weren't ready yet, lol.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Paul Lemanski, the owner of Adona Corporation, has agreed to make some SDA CRS speaker stand replicas based on original specifications. I am working with him on a factory reproduction and an Adona version of the stands.

Drop me a line if your are interested in them, as nothing is formal per the website. He has worked up a couple mock-ups that I simply haven't had time to get over and demo. We are using my CRS's for tweak and final design.

dorokusai@comcast.net

If anyone else is interested in stock or stock - modified CRS stands, contact me directly.

I'll post further information including pictures, in a formal, "reference" thread when it gets 100% squared away.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.