dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited June 2002
    Options
    yes, do a search
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Yamaha is a well rounded well built receiver.Lots of power and they seem not to break down .
    Go listen for yourself and see what you come up with.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    Options
    some folks (myself included) find that Yammies are a bit on the bright side.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited June 2002
    Options

This must come from all the scar tissue in your ears from your wild and crazy teen-age years? Or, maybe it is my scar tissue and this is why I like Yamaha equipment so much, I dunno? Or maybe my vintage Polk's like the Yamaha amps and it brings out this delightful top-end, I dunno? But IMO, Yammie are great receivers and are way under rated on there power and for the price are hard to beat!

KING YAMMIE
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • stef_000us
    stef_000us Posts: 29
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD

BDT

In my yamaha/polk setup, setting the main and surrond to large and only the center to small has bring a more balance tonality in my room.

I also try the center as large but then it lost too much brightness for my taste.
  • jpepster
    jpepster Posts: 12
    edited June 2002
    Options
    It seems that Yamaha is a real good receiver. The rxv430 or 530 i have been looking at myself.
    I will also consider the HK avr 120 or azr 120. I just want to replace my old sony that is not 5.1!
  • VinnyP61
    VinnyP61 Posts: 28
    edited June 2002
    Options
    What a differnce I had a Sony 685 and the C Board went out on it after only 2 months So best buy let me exchange I decided to go with the Yamaha it sounds so much better...
  • jpepster
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I purchased the rxv430 today and the old sony sound much better with my polk rt40 and 175 center. no sub or rears
    Tried all different sound fields. More bass with the sony. Or spend more and try a denon. I hear hk makes weak low ends.
    Who knows. I will find something that i like eventually!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I know the rxv430 and 530 are rated at the same wattage, but the 530 sounds quite a bit better. You'll also get 4 digital inputs instead of just 2, plus s-video and component video switching, and 5-way binding posts instead of clips. Quite a bit of difference for a hundred bucks.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Sorry bud,
    receivers don't have 5 way binding post,just 3 way.No spades can go in.
    Still better then clips.
    The B&K avr307 has 5 way binding posts and the Rotel rsx1065 has a 4 way,no bare wire hole.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jpepster
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Still have the rxv430. If i would go up 100 hundred i will try denon. I will test the 430 for a week and see what happens.
    For 300.00-350.00 there is the yamaha, hk 220. and possible sony.