Heatwave! Heatwave!

Options
aaharvel
aaharvel Posts: 4,490
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
what is the temp. where you live?

97 here in Greensboro, NC with a heat index of 106.

Thank god for A/C and Guinness. :D
H/K Signature 2.1+235
Jungson MagicBoat II
Revel Performa M-20
Velodyne cht-10 sub
Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
Post edited by aaharvel on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Options
    DAMNIT! i just realized i posted this on the wrong thread.

ignore it. geez...
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Hazy, Hot and Humid here... had a t-storm at around 10pm last night, and another one at around 3pm this afternoon (right as I was leaving work! argh!)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,036
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Well...

I would say the air feels OLD... vintage like...

The heat SPEAKs to me...

Hot...HOT...HOT here...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by aaharvel
    what is the temp. where you live?

97 here in Greensboro, NC with a heat index of 106.

Thank god for A/C and Guinness. :D

it's always a good day for some black sunshine....the only time of the year that, south florida is cooler than the northern states...were at about 90-93 today...been that way since prob the end of may and will stay that way till october....with that lovely florida humidity......
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited July 2005
    Options
    95 degrees and humid......thunderstorms in the forecast for tonight are supposed to bring some relief
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Larry Chanin
    Larry Chanin Posts: 601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by sda2mike
    it's always a good day for some black sunshine....the only time of the year that, south florida is cooler than the northern states...were at about 90-93 today...been that way since prob the end of may and will stay that way till october....with that lovely florida humidity......

Yes, here in Sarasota it's the same, so I figure you must be not too far away.

Before we moved South my wife's "sour grapes" sister, who lives in the Washington, DC area, asked her, "Why do you want to move to Florida, where it's so hot?"

Today, I got some satisfaction when I overheard my wife talking to her sister on the phone. "Yeah, it's hot here, 90 degrees. Probably will stay within a few degrees of that all summer. But, hey I hear it's 98 in DC. Why do you want to live somewhere where it's so hot!!":p

Larry
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited July 2005
    Options
    68 yesterday, 76 today, but back to the 90's on Thursday. The 2 day cold snap was a nice break.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • sda2mike
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Larry Chanin
    Yes, here in Sarasota it's the same, so I figure you must be not too far away.

Before we moved South my wife's "sour grapes" sister, who lives in the Washington, DC area, asked her, "Why do you want to move to Florida, where it's so hot?"

Today, I got some satisfaction when I overheard my wife talking to her sister on the phone. "Yeah, it's hot here, 90 degrees. Probably will stay within a few degrees of that all summer. But, hey I hear it's 98 in DC. Why do you want to live somewhere where it's so hot!!":p

Larry

it's worth it to live here....in the winter, i think every day i say, i live in florida!! coming from the northeast, where november to march is a deep freeze, i still have to pinch myself...even when it rains, we say, another **** day in paradise.....btw, i'm from atlantis...eastern palm beach county
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited July 2005
    Options
    In IL it was 82 yesterday. Very little humidity. One of the best days so far. Nice break from not only the heat but the humidity. Slept like a baby last night got down to 60. Today much of the same...blue skies, low humidity, high of 85. As the weekend approaches it's going to get hot and sticky again.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Larry Chanin
    edited July 2005
    Options
    it's worth it to live here....in the winter, i think every day i say, i live in florida!! coming from the northeast, where november to march is a deep freeze, i still have to pinch myself...even when it rains, we say, another **** day in paradise.....btw, i'm from atlantis...eastern palm beach county

Yes, we're from the Northeast too, the DC area. I don't know what it is, but even on rainy days it's always more cheerful here. We're still pinching ourselves as well. We love it here except on those occasions when the weather guys are telling us to hunker down.

Cheers,

Larry
  • sda2mike
    edited July 2005
    Options
    hunker down:D that was a running joke last year....that's the best defense, laughter...i did lose one waterfront condo. but, i gained a golf course condo and we rebuilt the damaged one...plus my polks survived!!!!! ;)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2005
    Options
    95 degrees with 14% humidity it's really nice out today. :cool:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2005
    Options
    It's a scorcher here in bc at a whopping 78 at the high of noon (26 celcius for us canadians :p)
  • Larry Chanin
    edited July 2005
    Options
    hunker down:D that was a running joke last year....that's the best defense, laughter...

Hi,

Well, I figured out my mistake last hurricane season, (it was our first summer down here)...I was waaay too sober. ;) I remember on one occasion I sat riveted to the TV watching the storm coverage. Then I went downstairs to report the predicted course of the hurricane to my wife and friends, I found them all dressed and sitting in the hot tub with the wind howling around them. :rolleyes:

I had apparently gotten a little behind in keeping up on my share of frozen Margaritas from the rest of the group. I won't let that happen again!!:D

Larry
  • sda2mike
    edited July 2005
    Options
    i'm sure you found there was 1 more reason why you enjoy your pool!!! it becomes a bathtub!:p yea, in florida in sept, with no a/c, one must drink lotsa alcomohol...it helps in stubbornly refusing to lose one's sense of humor, as well.;)