No Power to psw650 Sub

bradleyly
bradleyly Posts: 3
edited June 2002 in Troubleshooting
I just set up a 7600 Home Theater Speaker system and am unable to get power to the PSW 650 Sub woofer. I have tried plugging it in to a variety of power sources that are definitely hot, but even with the power on get no green light indicating power. Am I doing something stupid?
Post edited by bradleyly on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    do you have it connected to your reciever correctly (either via LFE output, or through speaker cables to the fronts) and your rec. set to send signal to the sub? post back how you have things hooked up to the rec. and we'll help you out...
  • bradleyly
    edited May 2002
    I have tried it both to the lfe input and the sub in(?) via a single sub chord directly from the sub pre amp out on my HK AVR 320 receiver.

My concern is not the signal (yet) I can't get it to even power up and display the green light showing me the AC current is connected.

I appreciate the help.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Is that outlet connected to a light switch? Dumb suggestion, I know.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    I don't know, but shouldn't we just send a signal, and see what happens? Doesn't this sub have an auto/on/off switch? Maybe the friggin LED is toast, sub may be fine...

Send a signal, see what happens....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • bradleyly
    edited May 2002
    I have tried both sending a signal via a dvd, and tried many different outlets as the light switch mistake is along the lines of the problems I usually have.

I am starting to think that maybe I have a problem with the sub. I really appreciate your help. I am going to call and see if they have any ideas.

thanks again.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    good luck man, hope you get it worked out. polk will fix ya up...
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    do it have a fuse? if it do check that and check the outlest for power you could have triped the breaker.
  • ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited June 2002
    I had s simila problem with my PSW 650. I owned the 650 for about 4 months now & its been in repair for about 1.5 months. The first time I took the sub back CC said the amp was bad & ordered the amp & replaced it. Took the sub home
    pluged it in & no poewr at all, took it back the next day & was told the amp was bad & the fuse was blown. They replaced it again & I picked it up about 2 weeks ago. So far so good. If you have not figured out whats wrong Id take it back to the dealer & let them repair or replace it for you. You do have a warranty on the sub. I know how upsetting it is to have a sub & it not work. I bought a Carver sub when the 650 was in for repair. hope you get it repaird.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2002
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem with your PSW650, but I'm sure we can be of help. The first thing to do is to check the status of the AC fuse. To do this you would:
    1). unplug the AC power cord and remove the twelve screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate. The amplifier should now be able to be pulled forward away from the cabinet. On the inner surface of the input plate, near where the AC power cord goes through the metal plate there should be a fuse holder. You should find a 5 Ampere, 250 Volt fuse that is 5 mm by 20 mm and is a time delay style fuse. Hopefully the fuse has moved out of the fuse holder and only needs replaced to function. If the fuse is blown and is blackened on the inner surface of the glass then there is a serious problem that requires service. If you would like to contact me at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891 I'll be happy to help.
    Regards, Ken Swauger