Any brackets for R10 without drilling?

Options
kuntasensei
kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
I currently have my 4 R10's mounted to the walls with the included rubber feet stuck on the back of the speakers. But I have a wierd room and am getting a reflection problem on my left main. My right surround also sounds a little quieter than the left even though I'm calibrating with Avia and an SPL meter.

I was thinking some brackets would let me aim the speakers to correct these problems, but I don't particularly relish the idea of drilling and **** brackets onto my R10's. Does anyone know if the Omnimount 25's require **** brackets onto the speakers, or can anyone recommend some brackets that will let me mount my R10's without drilling into the cabinets?
Equipment list:
Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
Emotiva XPA-3 amp
Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
Post edited by kuntasensei on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Options
    OmniMount brackets will require some drilling, unfortunately. It's one of the things I like least about Omnimount brackets (everything else is great, I just wish you didn't have to drill to use them -- it's a stressor).

Call Ken in customer service and he'll be able to tell you exactly where to drill so as not to damage any of the speaker's innards.

Or, let us know what other kinds of brackets you can find.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I'm not keen on drilling... but I think I've found the brackets I'm looking for. B-Tech makes brackets for keyhole slotted speakers, as well as brackets that clamp to the sides from underneath. It looks like their BT-7 will do quite nicely for the R10's.

www.btech-usa.com/spkbrac.htm
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • breaux124
    breaux124 Posts: 1
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I have the Btech BT-7's. They are great. I have them holding up my RT25's and RT15's, so they are plenty strong.

I got them through crutchfield.
    I was considering the BT-77's because of the larger weight handling, but the clamp for the bracket would have been to large for my speakers then.