edited July 2005

SOLD
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited July 2005
    No link.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2005
    Ended--BIN 350.00
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited July 2005
    Good memory George!

2005-0716 $350 BIN
    sold

2005-0701 $332
    sold
  • george daniel
    edited July 2005
    SOLD
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited July 2005
    SDA

No affil. I'd be glad to audition for anyone
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2005
    Polk SDA "SRA" Towers though I'm sure they meant to say SRS.

Chicago area craiglist, posted today, 07/21.

I don't have the coin right now, so I'll have to stay content with my SRS 2's.

No affil, be happy to assist with contact/viewing. The weight posted is wrong for SRS's so I sent an inquiry for more info and will post what I hear.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited July 2005
    SDA SRS in Isle of Palms, SC:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791543123&category=71571&rd=1
    no afli.
    The BIN price is quite high for a SDA SRS.

ENDED AT $1525, NOT MET RESERVE

Oops, didn't see Jesse already posted the same auction in a separate thread. Sorry for the dup.

-fredv-
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited July 2005
    Guys,

Wading through this sticky trying to figure out what is current and what is not is stupid and it's only going to get worse. It's time to end this debacle.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    There has to be some way of deleting the sold ones?????

I guess the poster could go back and edit after the one he/she posted sells????
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited July 2005
    I tried to delete my old postings but it said that I do not have permissions to do so. With that I just put in the words Expired....and left it at that.....
  • george daniel
    edited July 2005
    Probabally on the wrong post/forum,, check out thE bay,, I swear these were ther 2-3 weeks ago,, maybe--love to get em, but I'm OUT

GONE
  • SCompRacer
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by anonymouse
    Did you hear back? Any details on whether these are a good deal? I am interested.

This thread has more details along with the seller responding. He had a pair of SRS 2's that he was interested in selling too.

The SRS price seems in line based on what I've read and seen.
    I contacted him through craigslist and he responded within 12 hours, so give that a try.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ode
    ode Posts: 58
    edited August 2005
  • SCompRacer
    edited August 2005
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/88853427.html

Seattle craigslist...add reads SDA 2B's, $250. Posted 08/04.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    SCompRacer wrote:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/88853427.html

Seattle craigslist...add reads SDA 2B's, $250. Posted 08/04.

Isn't there ANY club Polk members in the Seattle area besides Shizelbs?

I'll be in Seattle this Fri and Sat if anyone wants me to go check these out for them. ;) (he won't ship em I don't think).
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • masanz1
    edited August 2005
    I sold a pair very similar to a fella from Seattle, off craigslist in Portland. I wonder if they are the same ones. They were very nice.
    Matthew

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • masanz1
    edited August 2005
    Here are some in Portland. Danger Boy has been in contact with him. I have talked to him also. Seems good to deal with

http://portland.craigslist.org/ele/88843814.html
    Matthew

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2005
    F1nut wrote:
    Guys,

Wading through this sticky trying to figure out what is current and what is not is stupid and it's only going to get worse. It's time to end this debacle.

I agree, I find it quite confusing to say the least.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited August 2005
    Ok all you...."MUST HAVE 1.2'S", here you go:
    Original owner, good condition, $2000. on audiogon.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1128962761

-Luc
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited August 2005
    With them in Cali, they will probably go fast. With their condition as such, is some negotiating to be expected? I'm not interested, just shooting the breeze. This may be the bad part of this sticky. Discussing these outside sales could be valuable to our members interested in buying them but it fills up the sticky pretty quik.

EDIT: Another set of SDA's in the garage :mad:
  • trubluluc
    edited August 2005
    Candyliquor-

I've spoken with Craig about his speakers. He would definitely like to get 2K for them, as they surely are worth it.
    I personally am not put off by stains and such to the fabric on either the grilles or siding of 1.2's as they are easily enough replaced.
    The dark marks on top may come out or at least lessen with some lemon juice.
    And if that fails, well, these things are so tall I doubt many will ever notice them.
    He has the IC cable.
    If I didn't already own a some of these, I would be all over it.

It's funny really, all these guys are sitting around here chanting.....
    1.2's...1.2's....1.2's....but for most, it will remain a pipe dream as they still cost a pile of cash, and then, they'll want to buy an amp to drive them.
    But I have a really nice pair of 2.3's for sale here, which as you know,
    is an outstanding speaker and a unbelievable value,
    and no one is moving on them.
    Whatever? :confused:

-Luc

With them in Cali, they will probably go fast. With their condition as such, is some negotiating to be expected? I'm not interested, just shooting the breeze. This may be the bad part of this sticky. Discussing these outside sales could be valuable to our members interested in buying them but it fills up the sticky pretty quik.

EDIT: Another set of SDA's in the garage :mad:
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited August 2005
    Luc,

Your 2.3's will sell in time. I couldn't believe how close my 2.3's sound to the big SRS's and at a fraction of the price. Actually I am blown away at how good they sound. I feel they really hit a home run with the 3 tweeters and the 6 drivers. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30997
  • trubluluc
    edited August 2005
    You're right, I just thought some polkbro would be all over them.
    I guess I just don't understand the "wait until someday" philosophy.
    I buy the best I can afford now, take good care of them and if something better comes along, and I can afford it, I'll sell my first pair for about what I paid, and then upgrade. That way I'm always enjoying something, not waiting until???
    SDA's are not made anymore, their numbers are finite, so,
    as long as you take good care of them, they hold their value.

I'll give it until Monday, then I guess I'll post to craigslist and audiogon.
    As my new tweeters will be here by Wed. and I'll need to pay for them.

all the best,

-Luc
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2005
    Ive tried to sell my sda's to no avail also, Its the size and the location i guess but as many people want them its hard to sell them once you have em... Location location location as they say...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited August 2005
    faster100 wrote:
    Ive tried to sell my sda's to no avail also, Its the size and the location i guess but as many people want them its hard to sell them once you have em... Location location location as they say...

Thought you decided to keep them...would have rather had yours over the 2's that I bought...but location and all
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited August 2005
    Faster did you ever get that boat?

Man those sda2's in seattle are tempting... that would be a 45 minute drive but I'm not sure I need another pair of speakers at the moment.