Well...I'm building a sub...

shackshack Posts: 11,572
edited June 2002 in Speakers
Actually I'm just putting one together. I had narrowed my choices down to the Adire Rava and the Dayton 10" Titanic Kit from Parts Express. I wanted a sealed sub and these two fit the bill from a cost, size and performance standpoint. Either one would have been ok and I have some time next week so I called to make sure they were both available. Unfortunately the Rava was out of stock. Besides, Parts Express is closer and I will have it by Tuesday. I was sort of leaning towards the Titanic anyway. I guess I will put it together and see how it sounds. I am going to use it in my HT but I am also considering pairing it up with a set of LSi9s for a 2 channel system. Wes Philips of onhifi paired it up with a set of Dynaudio Microns and was impressed with it. His review is HERE. I'm looking forward to this litte project.

300-739n.jpg

300-739m.jpg

300-739o.jpg
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• juice21juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    good luck shack!

have fun and enjoy, and be sure to post back your toughts on the titanic kit (i was actually considering this before purchasing the HSU vtf-2's)...
    ...the fOrce is strong with this one.
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,939
    edited June 2002
    I like the feet.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.