cs245 vs infinity cc-3

warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited June 2002 in Speakers
I just purchased an open box Infinity CC-3 for $100.00 at Circuit city. I was using a Polk CS100 with Rta11t's and eosone surrounds for my family room. I tried to use my extra cs400 (upgraded tp cs1000) from my HT room, but it is too big for my 36 in TV. The cs100 is OK but it couldn't keep up with the 11t's. The Infinity sounds awesome. I can get a CS245i for $100.00 and probably sell the cc3 for $175.00. I don't care about the money. I just want a good center and love all my Polks. Do you think the 245 will sound as good as the Infinity? Thanks, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    i haven't listened to the infinity center you mentioned, but i would imagine the 245 would come closer to mating with your rta11's than the infinity. bring one home and test it for yourself...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    Mixing brands I found never sound quite right.When you do theater you really at very least want to have the same brand all the way around.To many timbre issues
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    Agree with the posts above, however....If you are really diggin' it the way it is, keep it....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited June 2002
    In the end thats what Matter's doesn't it.
    Dan
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2002
    Thanks, gentlemen. I had an Infinity CC3 a few years ago and replaced it with the cs400. The 400 sounded better, but not much, with my RTA15's. I was just wondering how close the 245 will be to the 400. The infinity imaging is real close with the Polks. The cc3 has midrange and bass adjustments on the speaker, so you can adjust to match your speakers. I think I am going to pick up the 245 and try it. I just feel real guilty using something other than Polks. They have so good to me for over the years.
  • mantis
    edited June 2002
    Ever thought of making a shelf or placing the center under the tv??Maybe you need placement options.Not a new center channel,I didn't get the tv that it won't fit on.
    I own a Sony Wega 36 xbr and I got it to say on top with a rubber and cork feet modification.
    Dan